Go to footer

Help getting musty smell out of doll and doll clothes?

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Re: Help getting musty smell out of doll and doll clothes?

Postby Gali » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 pm

Some of my action figures have come with that smell. I am allergic to molds and stuff so I always wrap them in a double layer of paper towels, tape it shut, and bury them in a box of clay cat litter mixed with baking soda. The bin in bin method seems like it would take longer? If that doesn't work, I pull their heads, hands, feet off and spray them inside with distilled white vinegar and let them sit. Sometimes if the hair is rooted, the mold can be inside the head and it's just gross to clean. -.-
Gali
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby anoniemouse » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:19 pm

Just plain air helps a lot though too. It's a science fact that air will carry the smell away, and it's pretty helpful with mold to. I'm not saying I don't use baking soda and detergent, but I also get some fans and try to air the item out. Getting them out of bins and out in the open.
anoniemouse
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:41 pm

I soaked a couple of hard plastic PTE guys and clothes overnight in water with detergent then aired them out. It didn't help the soft rubber boots.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance