Go to footer

Repaired Vinyl split

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

Repaired Vinyl split

Postby Linainversetsg » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:22 pm

I'd like to give a quick thank you to magkelly who suggested giving this a try, it worked beautifully and I wanted to share the experience with other who might have the same issue.

I ordered this kit here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PERFORMANCE ... _525wt_681

This is what I started with, the area to be repaired was washed with soap (I didn't have alcohol on hand as suggested by the instructions) but It doesn't seem to have made a difference so far.

it's in pretty bad shape as you can see, I've had this head for years and just can't part with it, and I can't replace it as I have no idea what make or mold it was, even still, it's very special to me. A few years ago I accidentally nicked the edge of the neck hole and it's slowly been splitting since then.

I followed the instruction pretty closely, but made a slight adjustment, I used scotch tape instead of masking tape so I could see through it and make sure the edges were lined up and stayed lined up properly.

After following the instructions I left the head to sit near a window with a fan blowing the fumes outside before I went to bed.
This morning when I woke up, the head looked like this:
The split now looks kinda like a scar, as you can see it's a little rough on the bottom of the chin but I plan to sand that down later. Overall It came out really well.
I was worried it would split as soon as it went back on the body, but after several hours it hasn't started to spread apart so I'm hoping for now that ti'll hold up well.

If it winds up splitting I'll add support to the inside of the neck, but I'm really happy with how well this worked.

Just thought I'd share :).
Linainversetsg
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Repaired Vinyl split

Postby magkelly » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:31 am

:D Glad it worked!
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance