Go to footer

1/6 obitsu mods & SBH assembly

Cleaning, fixing, stain prevention etc... Share your knowledge of what to do and what NOT to do.

1/6 obitsu mods & SBH assembly

Postby HoshiChiri » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:21 pm

So, long story short- I don't like the soft-bodied 1/6 scale obitsus. I bought one for the more realistic skin, and was immedately disappointed by the loss of movement range in the torso. In the brief time I had it I was contantly afraid of denting/nicking the soft vinyl. All in all, not happy.

Anyway... I was poking around the other day and found an old (OLD) picture, where someone had modded a 27cm normal body with a 25cm's legs. I want to do this so much, so I can have something close to a 25cm height but without a soft body. Here's the trick- Parabox has disassembled photos of the normal and SB body types, but not SBH. I have no idea how to do about this mod. I'd kind of prefer to get 2 bodies instead of parts, so I could (in theory) have my shortened 27cm, and a taller 25cm to give away/sell... but I have no idea if it's even possible.

Has anyone ever done a mod like this, or can direct me to a fully disassembled SBH doll? (It's the torso contents I'm most curious about). I'd love some advice!
HoshiChiri
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: 1/6 obitsu mods & SBH assembly

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:30 pm

Well... I don't like the knees on the 25cm so I was thinking about modding the lower legs from a 27cm so I could put them on her instead. I would have to shorten the connecting pegs so she would still end up being shorter than the 27cm.

I've been hesitating to actually go through with the mod because I will have to saw some of the pieces.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: 1/6 obitsu mods & SBH assembly

Postby HoshiChiri » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:57 pm

That's basically where I am... I know I could bug my mom for use of her dremel and just hack and drill- but I'd really rather not! I'm too afraid of messing up and ruining the doll. A swap-job would at least be reversible!
HoshiChiri
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Care & Maintenance