Go to footer

Tacky Holidays - Sort of Contest!

Official or unofficial contests area.

Forum rules
    Contests are either officially run by the forum leaders or unofficial and run by a forum member. If you wish to run a contest we ask that you first submit your idea to Greyhaunt for approval.

Tacky Holidays - Sort of Contest!

Postby Greyhaunt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:49 pm

It's been too darn long since we've had anything resembling a contest around here. A lot of that is my fault as life has kind of been kicking my butt a lot the past few years - and thus the inspiration to begin a new tradition.

See, I love the holidays - I love Christmas. I love the decorations, the lights, the sounds and the feel. Only over the past 5 years I appear to have lost that love. A lot of that has to do with a series of personal losses and family illnesses that have all hit at this same time of year. Each time I've said "This year I'm going to have an awesome Xmas!" something has happened to make that dream a struggle to achieve. As the holiday season rolls in this year, I find I don't really care. I'm just not feeling any enthusiasm or cheer.

Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a Greyhaunt pity party - it's meant to explain why this particular (sort of) contest is important to me - because I'm asking everyone here to show me the Joy of Christmas (or the holiday of your choice) in the most commercially tacky way possible! Think of this as a variation of the Ugly Sweater party - because really, it's not so much the sweaters are ugly as they are tacky. I want to see tacky! Not offensive - let's not get those terms confused - just tacky like the Rudolph sweater with the light-up red nose and sewn on jingle bell collar!

How is this only "sort of" a contest? Well, I shamelessly admit that I hope the biggest winner will be me - because I don't like the fact that I'm not feeling Xmas joy and I want it back. And I hope that everyone in the forum wins by enjoying what I hope will be a lot of fun and entertaining photos too. But ultimately the doll (or dolls) who presents the most tacky enthusiasm for Christmas will be given a gift from me to thank them for making me smile. And like all gifts, I will not disclose what it will be in advance because then it wouldn't be a gift, would it? I will, however, make certain the gift is appropriate for the type/size doll(s) who I chose.

Deadline - appropriately - will be December 25th, but I hope people start posting long before then so I can maybe have the love back before then.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: Tacky Holidays - Sort of Contest!

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:37 pm

In it for fun and lols.

I don't exactly celebrate Christmas but I Kinda like the fact that the shops and some parks get their Xmas lights up and stuff. Those kinda make big dioramas for dollieh who lack space at home but are attracted light and colors and have a owner who needs to go out get some walking done. :lol:
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Greyhaunt » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:19 pm

Oh, I should take a moment to mention that you can enter as many times as you like. In fact, the more the merrier :)
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Postby richila » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:00 am

Greyhaunt wrote:Oh, I should take a moment to mention that you can enter as many times as you like. In fact, the more the merrier :)

Woo Hoo! I don't know if mine will be tacky, but they will be fun. Can we post older pictures or do they have to be new pictures? (Where did I put Richi's reindeer hat?)
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Contests