Go to footer

Dollieh Sanctuary 1st Anniversary Photo Contest

Dollieh Sanctuary 1st Anniversary Photo Contest

Postby K2! » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:59 pm

On March 19, 2011 the Dollieh Sanctuary will celebrate its first anniversary. If it weren’t for our fabulous members, we wouldn’t still be here. To thank our members for making the Dollieh Sanctuary such a great place, we are having a photo contest.
“A photo contest? Really? That’s original.”
Yes, a photo contest, a themed photo contest. Since this is our first anniversary, the theme of the contest is paper.

The Rules

Entrants should be members in good standing of the Dollieh Sanctuary as of March 19, 2011.

One (1) submission per member.

Each submission should consist of one (1) photograph. The photograph should include at least one of the entrant’s dolls and illustrate some aspect of the contest’s theme, paper. Submissions with more than one photograph will be disqualified. Submissions should be no larger than 600x800 pixels. There may be a text caption accompanying the entry of no more than 25 words. Submissions should be kept to no more than a [PG-13] rating. Submissions deemed inappropriate will be disqualified and the entrant will not be allowed any further submissions.

Submissions should be posted to the “Dollieh Sanctuary 1st Anniversary Photo Contest Entries” forum. Discussion and/or comments about the entries should be posted to this forum.

The contest begins March 19, 2011 and ends March 26, 2011, at midnight Pacific Standard Time (PST).

There will be three winners, first, second, and third. There will be super fabulous prizes awarded to the three winners. Winners will be chosen by random drawing from qualifying submissions. Decisions of the judges will be final.

The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Dollieh Sanctuary reserves the right to cancel the contest or modify these rules at its discretion. Decisions of the Sanctuary will be final.

Good Luck and start clicking!
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Re: Dollieh Sanctuary 1st Anniversary Photo Contest

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:54 pm

How fun!!! I've already taken my pictures!! I'm so excited! I was inspired almost immediately. Lol.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:18 pm

K2! wrote:There may be a text caption accompanying the entry of no more than 25 words.

Do you have to have a text caption to enter?
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Gift_in_Edge wrote:
K2! wrote:There may be a text caption accompanying the entry of no more than 25 words.

Do you have to have a text caption to enter?

If I am reading the rules correctly, then no, you do not. Now if he'd said "must", that would be a different story.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:55 pm

Thank you zirconmermaid! I'm was little confused by the wording ;)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby K2! » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:55 pm

"There may be a text caption accompanying the entry of no more than 25 words."

Yes, the text is entirely optional. There may be entries with more than one character in the picture and dialogue may be involved. Or like many one-shot cartoons/pictures there may be a brief explanation, like the old (and sorely missed) "Far Side" cartoons. It's just to limit the amount of text that might accompany an entry. Hyatt does not like reading novellas.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Three and a half hours to set up my submission! ARGHHHH! And now I have to take the lovely paper kimono off Hazel. If I don't, she no doubt will figure out a way to stain, even though she's got an underkimono of white paper on. I will probably only take minutes to remove everything too. Literally, it's all paper. Mulberry paper and masking tape to be precise, with an underdress of white tissue paper. No other materials were used! And I feel happy that I can brag about this, since the winners will be drawn at random from the entries! GREAT! I can't wait until there are more submissions, and this is such a great idea!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:30 pm

Sooo... can I use photoshop?
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby K2! » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Sooo... can I use photoshop?

Only if you don't have Corel Photo-Paint.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:29 pm

K2! wrote:
Dark Angel wrote:Sooo... can I use photoshop?

Only if you don't have Corel Photo-Paint.

Lol ok.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1st Anniversary - Closed Contest