Go to footer

1st Utterly Random Contest!!!

1st Utterly Random Contest!!!

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu May 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Welcome to the 1st Utterly Random Contest here at DS!

What is an Utterly Random Contest? Well, it's a contest that will happen spontaneously because I have something I want to offload and I figure this is a great way to do it! :lol: :lol: :lol:. Utterly Random Contests will have ONE prize and one prize only. The prize could literally be anything - but mostly will be doll related.

RULES/INSTRUCTIONS - read them carefully!

1. Any member in good standing (which means you participate by at least occassionally posting) can participate.
2. Entry must be ONE photo. This means ONE photo - not one photo that is actually 5 photos attached together to make one photo - it means ONE photo.
3. The winner will be chosen completely at RANDOM - so while I don't care how many photos you enter (at least make them significanty different) you are only entered once to be randomly selected (in other words, 10 photos don't equal 10 chance, they equal 1 chance).
4. DO NOT enter if you just plan on taking the prize and selling it. My point in giving things away is so someone else can enjoy it. My point in doing a contest is to make giving it away a bit more fun. If I see the item you win up for sale here, on ebay, or DoA two days after you won it, don't expect to ever be allowed to enter again.
5. You MAY enter a "non-competing" entry. In other words, if you think it sounds fun and just want to enter photos - PLEASE DO - just be sure to specify that you aren't interested in the prize so we don't randomly choose you.
6. Post entries in the Utterly Random Entries thread (which I will start soon). Do not discuss entries there as that will make it tooooo looooong. Discuss them in this thread :)
7. DEADLINE: Entries must be posted by midnight pacific time June 1st. After that the thread will be locked.

This Utterly Random Contest has an Utterly Random Theme!!!

Egg.

That's it - run with it. Don't ask me what kind of egg or anything like that because I don't care. The theme is Egg - so long as I can figure that out in looking at your photo you qualify for the prize. Be creative - be funny (I like funny - it won't help you win since the drawing is random, but it will make me laugh) be obscure - be any of these things or none at all - but most importantly: be egg.

Oh, and I almost forgot about that prize thing. Our first Utterly Random Prize is *drumroll please*

A Tokyo Posse Doll!!!! Why? Because Emory at Jspot keeps giving me the same damn one and I really only need ONE and my niece only needs one and the kid next door only needed one....and since I got her free - our winner gets her free.

Prize details: Tokyo Posse Haruka somethingornanother Doll. Make by Takara (the makers of Jenny and Licca). Her head is actually one of the Jenny's Friend Shion heads with short pink hair.

Remember - DO NOT ENTER FOR THE PRIZE UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY WANT IT TO KEEP. If you enter just to enter and don't want the prize, just say so in your post and we'll respect you in the morning.

Post questions in this thread - although I can't think of any that I should have to answer if you've read this, but you never know.... If I think it's a good question I might even answer it.
Greyhaunt
Snarky Bitch Who Runs this Place

Re: 1st Utterly Random Contest!!!

Postby Lokiholic » Thu May 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Can the photo have captions/dialog balloons or does it have to stay the way it was when it was taken?
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby landwhale » Thu May 12, 2011 7:40 pm

lol, I've only ever gotten the same thing from Emory once, but that was because I ordered two orders within the same week or so. Eggg.....i might do a non participating entry! Sounds fun.
Obitsu 27cm Meryl, Lilly, Rhea, Stacey, Llywen, Lara, Aili
BJD Peyton (Non-official sculpt Happy D.I.M.), Un-named FL Chicline Lishe
RS/BBB Li(Ziili), Wu(Ba'ul), Yao. DikaDoll Rena(Lael)
CH Bisou Pepe (Charlie), CH Junior Ren (Allen), Obitsu 60cm Gretel (Cerise)
http://invie-alamode.blogspot.com/
landwhale
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu May 12, 2011 8:23 pm

*little T-Rex arms of waaaaaaaant*

I must look for egg style things to make my entry as egg-ish as possibly.
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Thu May 12, 2011 9:30 pm

:D I just took some "egg" photos for the JSpot contest. I'll just re-post them here.

I do NOT want the prize, this will be just for fun. :)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu May 12, 2011 9:46 pm

Lokiholic wrote:Can the photo have captions/dialog balloons or does it have to stay the way it was when it was taken?

Ah - someone figured out a question I hadn't anticipated! Answer is - do whatever you want with captions/dialog - so long as it's one egg-themed photo :) Word balloons are ok as well :) as are sound effects on the picture.
Greyhaunt

Postby Greyhaunt » Thu May 12, 2011 9:48 pm

landwhale wrote:lol, I've only ever gotten the same thing from Emory once, but that was because I ordered two orders within the same week or so. Eggg.....i might do a non participating entry! Sounds fun.

Ah, but in my case I've been getting them over a period of YEARS!!!! I finally got the other girl two orders ago, I was happy :)
Greyhaunt

Postby Evelien » Fri May 13, 2011 6:50 am

Fun!! I don't think I'll enter for the prize though. She's cute, but I don't *need* her..
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Fri May 13, 2011 7:38 am

I need the thread! I have egg pictures that must be posted! :lol: Non competing, but I have a lot of ideas. :lol: :lol:
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Fri May 13, 2011 7:40 am

Is anyone actually competing for the doll lol..?

I don't know this type of doll, would she be worth it for the body..? Or do you only want her to go to someone who will keep her intact? Heehee ^^
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to 1st Utterly Random - Closed Contest