Go to footer

2011 "Summer Swap" partners are now posted

Everybody likes a swap - here is your place to participate in one, start one, or just be voyeuristic on those of others!

Forum rules
    Swaps may be started by any member who wishes to run one. The forum management is not responsible for or liable for any actions or incidents which may occur during a swap that is not officially being run by forum management.

Re: Official 2011 Summer Vacation Swap thread!

Postby maywong » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:39 pm

O.K. people, let's get those pixs. of your dolls in.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Evelien » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:28 am

Name: Sosha Worthington
Size: Obitsu 60cm.
Swap size: I'd love to swap with another 60cm Obitsu but I see there's only one besides me so far ;). Also familiar with 21/23/25cm Obitsu, LIV, Moxie Teenz, Ellowyne Wilde. I prefer swapping with a girl character if possible.
Likes: Yellow, black, red, green, gray, white, hot pink, feminine but edgy clothing, punky with a sexy twist, likes short dresses/skirts, turtlenecks, bright colours, denim, lots of bangles/bracelets, stripes, stars, moderate amounts of glitter/bling, party clothes, bags/purses. Has a thing for sleeves and pants that are really a bit too long.
Dislikes: Lighter/softer shades of pink, purple, orange, brown, hearts/flowers and other girly stuff, pastel colours, emo/goth, lace, rings & necklaces, the outdoors, getting dirty, kids, animals.
Extra Info: Sosha loves The Smurfs, for reasons she can't or won't explain.
Last edited by Evelien on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby richila » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 am

Cordie wants to play.
100_0513 by richila9098, on Flickr

Name: Cordie
Age-eternal kitten-Nekomimi
Size-11 cm Obitsu-1/6 or 1/12
Likes: Fish, toys, balls, yarn, pillows, stuffed toys, milk, sushi, naps, books
Dislikes-?
Favorite color: orange
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Hippolyta » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Name: Kouji
Size: 60 cm boy
Swap size 60cm boy or girl (would prefer girly type)
Likes: Cute stuff, accessories like badges/ bracelets/hairslides, scarves. Dresses in boys clothes (i.e. not dresses! He would wear a yukata though!) Favourite colours are white, black and pink! Likes to think he’s a bit of a sharp dresser with hats and waistcoats etc. Likes eating sweet stuff and being spoilt. Likes watching anime like Sailor Moon and Shugo Chara.
Dislikes: Macho posturing. Being bored.
Extra Info: Kouji likes to think he’s an individual and isn’t afraid to stand out from the crowd.
Hippolyta
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby maywong » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 am

This is the last week to sign up. Come on and join.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby JanetT » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 am

Etienne de Valliant / Stephen Bishop
Like most of my crew at Tabletop Theater, he has a split personality – the actor (Stephen Bishop) and the character (Etienne de Valliant) that he plays. Either is available for the swap, just let me know which "personality" your doll is more 'in tune' with… Descriptions for both are below.

Stephen Bishop is an actor from Santa Barbara, California. He attended University of California-Berkeley and UCLA Law School (his excuse was that if he didn't make it in acting, he'd have an equally disreputable profession to 'fall back on'). Fortunately, his career in film and TV seems to be doing just fine.

Steve enjoys a wide variety of activities ranging from surfing and para-sailing to motorcycles, martial arts, horseback-riding, and traveling all over the world. He also likes to cook, and enjoys having friends over for special occasions. Steve lives in Los Angeles with his partner of 12 years, Frank Morelli.

Steve is looking forward to playing the lead role of Etienne de Valliant in the upcoming Tabletop Theater production of The Dragon's Masque. He is currently attending costume fittings, working on his horseback riding skills and mastering the pronunciation of medieval church Latin. :)

Etienne de Valliant is a centuries-old French vampire currently living in Hong Kong, and holds the rank of Pontifex of Spirits for House and Clan Tremere*. While known in Clan Tremere as both a bit of an eccentric and a shrewd political wheeler-dealer, he generally attributes his longevity and success to excessive stubbornness. Of course, one of the successes of his current rank means he can get away with a LOT more than he could back at the end of the 15th century, which is when the story The Dragon's Masque is set.

Back in 1490, Etienne was stuck in Florence, and still an apprentice (on his way to having the longest apprenticeship on record, due to his stubborn tendency to do what he thought was right, rather than what his superiors in House and Clan demanded). He has a long-standing interest in theology and philosophy (most of his mortal life was spent in the Church, not that he'd willingly admit that.. :oops: ) He is also a bit of a hedonist, fond of sensual pleasures, and is something of a clothes horse, a necessary attribute (or so he claims) for his role as diplomat and court envoy on behalf of his Tremere brothers—though his budget as an apprentice rarely permitted him to dress as finely as he might have liked. :roll:

His current 21st century interests include collecting antiques, rare and unusual manuscripts, and magical artifacts, particularly those pertaining to Kindred (vampire) history and folklore. He has a particular interest in spirit-related magical lore, and also a somewhat personal interest in werewolves. He is also a talented calligrapher, having honed that skill back before the invention of the printing press, and considers it an excellent way to relax.

Etienne/Steve is a Hot Toys 1/6 scale action figure, approximately 12 inches tall. He can wear most action-figure clothes (though he seems to have a distinct aversion to military uniforms or firearms).
Favorite colors: 8-) Blues and greens (Etienne tends to avoid wearing much red, however, as it has unpleasant associations for him)
Likes: :) Nice clothes (in their appropriate century/style) Both of them read extensively (Etienne can read in many languages, even Mandarin -- Steve reads English and a little Spanish.) See above descriptions for other ideas.
Dislikes: :cry: Etienne dislikes (and meticulously avoids all contact with) plants. Trees, flowers, gardens, woodlands, everything, he won't even walk on the grass. Also, being a vampire, he's not fond of sunlight, human food, wooden stakes, or getting too close to fire, either. Steve dislikes looking sloppy (he's not into goth, or grunge, or punk styles. He says he's Too Old For That Stuff.) Steve also dislikes "reality" shows, or comedy where the source of "entertainment" is making fun of others.
Age: approximately 600 (in the modern era), he looks 40-something. (Actor Steve Bishop is 37.)
Will Swap with: 1/6 would be easier, but SD also possible. (either male or female is fine)

*House and Clan Tremere—one of the thirteen vampire "clans" from White Wolf's role-playing games Vampire: The Masquerade and Dark Ages: Vampire. If you understand what that means, great –- if not, don't worry about it. The Tremere are known for their tight, hierarchical organization and their practice of blood sorcery. In both the medieval/renaissance and the modern era, they are not exactly the most popular of the vampire clans—probably because most of their members were chosen for their intelligence, ambition, strength of will, and general occult geekiness, not for their social skills…
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Postby maywong » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:37 am

Last couple of days left.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Yanagi-sen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:52 pm

Name: Momiji
Size: 42 cm Luts KDelf Ani
Swap size: MSD preferred
Likes: Cute stuff, pink stuff, Hello Kitty, sundresses, anything frilly and poofy... yes he is a boy (so flat chest) but he likes girly and cute things.
Dislikes: (not really, if it's for him, he likes it)
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby AlmySidaKay » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Changed my mind one last time, but I'm done changing my mind, honest!
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Eseme » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:54 am

I hope I got here in time! Going to con's is great, but catching up with all the internets I miss between packing, attending and unpacking is less fun.

Name Cassandra (at least for now, possibly subject to change)
Age 30
Size & Swap Size 27cm Obitsu, can swap with 1/6** (see note for doll types we can swap with)
Likes Vivid colors, stylish, elegant clothing and decor. Cocktail parties, yachts, sportscars, fine food. She may or may not be a spy...
Dislikes Pastels (her dress is a dark pink, she swears), cutesy things, cheap hotels.

Notes on Swapping In terms of making clothes and fitting them, the household has Barbie bodies of various types (including one Skipper from the 80's or 90's), Liv girl bodies, one Obitsu 27 cm normal body (so soft-bust dolls with the large size chests would be hard to fit), a group of Power Team guys, and one Jem doll from the 80's. Edited to Add - also vintage Strawberry Shortcakes and Moondreamers!

I could swap with a larger doll, but that doll would not get clothes, and I'd be guessing about prop sizes. However, if someone is daring, I do sew, knit, and crochet. I could make a 60 cm doll a crocheted beach buddy, possibly a towel too.
Eseme
the walls have dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Swaps