Go to footer

The 2011 Holiday Swap Thread!!! MATCHES POSTED!!

Everybody likes a swap - here is your place to participate in one, start one, or just be voyeuristic on those of others!

Forum rules
    Swaps may be started by any member who wishes to run one. The forum management is not responsible for or liable for any actions or incidents which may occur during a swap that is not officially being run by forum management.

The 2011 Holiday Swap Thread!!! MATCHES POSTED!!

Postby fleacollar999 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Hey everybody and welcome to the 2011 Holiday Swap Thread!

Remember, any doll, and any member, can join!

If you're interested in joining, please:
    PM fleacollar999 with your username and the doll's name, brand, sculpt, and size to be entered in the swap, with the subject line "Holiday Swap"
    If you have something you'd particularly like-- that's not really expensive-- include that in the PM
    Check back here to make sure I've added your doll to the official list

Below is a list of participants. Sign-ups will close on NOVEMBER 20, be sure to PM me by then. Matches will be made based on the size preference of the owner. For example, if person A with an MSD doll would like to swap with another MSD doll, I will take that into account. Matches will be posted below on NOVEMBER 21, please email your gift recipient for their mailing address then. I have no idea what the spending min/max should be as I've never taken part in a swap before. Suggestions? Gifts can be HANDMADE or BOUGHT. Please mail your gift(s) by DECEMBER 31, but preferably sooner. If there is a problem with the number of participants I will add another of my dolls or remove my doll.

Thanks and have a great holiday season!

1. fleacollar999; Tigs, Hujoo Berry (1/6); Tigs would like some funky clothes!

2. Shinku_rhapsody; Taka, MSD Ringdoll Valo (1/4); Clothes or shoes are always good, but I don't really mind what gift.

3. sailor_ashes; She is nameless at the moment! D:,Leekeworld Mikhaila MSD 40 cm (1/4); She has such an akward body shape that it's hard to find clothes for her! She would like panties and stockings more than anything, and a pretty lacey or floral dress.

4. famedglory; Astrid, ResinSoul Bei (1/6); She's a child and a modern elf and would love something to help develop her style.

5. kurosu.chan; Mihika, RS Mei (1/4); would like fun colored clothes! Or maybe a sweater?

6. Alopecia No Hime; Kaname, 28cm slim male Obitsu (1/6); I would really like something home-made

7. Moonwillow; Erin Fiona Cameron, 25cm small bust Obitsu (1/6); would like blue jean overalls, cool clothes, books and is open for surprises. Would prefer earth tones, autumn colors, and purple over neon colors.

8. catshem; Rue, 21cm white skin Obitsu female (1/6); She's not picky but would love a neutral color body suit if possible. Otherwise shiny things, and/or a small beanbag chair. She says thank you :3

9. Lamia of the Dark; Rosiel 27cm old-style slim male Obitsu (1/6); He would especially appreciate pants or shoes.

10. arrowchild; Edgar, Luts SD Lu-wen boy (Delf) (1/3); Edgar isn't too picky about what he recieves...if my partner needs ideas, he is fond of robes and kimonos, loves flowers and birds and koi and soft, flowing things

11. Sorean; Dino, Obitsu/Fdoll boy hybrid (1/3); Dino never turns down a present, so anything goes. He's particularly fond of the color black, Christmas-y things, and horses. He's got a street fashion casual clothing style.

12. LadyMermaid; Sapphire, Delilah Noir, Onyx, 1/4; Sapphire loves blues and shoes(she only owns some uggs right now), as well as fun little surprises.

13. Moonwillow; Becky, 27cm small bust Obitsu (1/6); she doesn't have much at the moment. She likes Victorian stuff, steampunk and older things, but is open to surprises.

14. Alopecia No Hime; Haruka, Obitsu 27 cm hard bust; Anything handmade is fine.

FLEA (TIGS) & FAMEDGLORY (ASTRID)

SAILOR_ASHES (NAMELESS) & KUROSU.CHAN (MIHIKA)

SHINKU_RHAPSODY (TAKA) & LADYMERMAID (SAPPHIRE)

ARROWCHILD (EDGAR) & SOREAN (DINO)

MOONWILLOW (BECKY) & LAMIA OF THE DARK (ROSIEL)

ALOPECIA NO HIME (KANAME) & CATSHEM (RUE)

ALOPECIA NO HIME (HARUKA) & MOONWILLOW (ERIN FIONA CAMERON)

I hope you are all satisfied with your matches! Please PM your partner for their mailing address, and have fun! kurosu.chan, if you wanted to enter another doll but didn't PM me in time, you and I can do a mini swap together.

**it's also possible that I made the header images too wide! My apologies!
Last edited by fleacollar999 on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 12 times in total.
fleacollar999.deviantart.com

Lourdes- 27cm Obitsu
Clara- 27cm Obitsu
Emma- Liv
Antigone (Tigs)- Hujoo Berry
Nissh- Pukipuki Pukisha
Rhode "Pyxy" Maxwell- BBB Rachel on RS Xue body
Roshana Sa'adat- Desert Jewelz Bratz
fleacollar999
Dolly Pardon

Re: The Official 2011 Holiday Swap Thread!!!

Postby Evelien » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:49 pm

What will be the deadline for sending each other stuff..?
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:00 pm

Long as I let my mom know (and dad finds out months later) then I should be good to join!
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:41 pm

Btw I guess you've got good reasons for letting people pm you, but I personally really liked seeing who was joining with which doll, because it helped me decide which doll to sign up with, after seeing possible matches.
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Linsilee » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:51 pm

I have PMed you and included some other information that I thought might be helpful that I have used in other swaps before.

I have never done a swap on this forum before so not really sure how it works. You will match us up with someone and notify us by PM who it will be? Then we contact the person we are swapping with to get addresses for the swap? I am just wondering how it works because you didn't ask for address for shipping packages.

I don't mind sharing what doll I am having join the swap. It's Erin Fiona Cameron. She is a Obitsu 25cm 1/6 scale girl.

I also don't mind getting a doll that is a larger or smaller scale.
Linsilee
Dolly Pardon

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't mind sharing which doll I'm entering either. It's Kaname Taniyama. My 28 cm Obitsu slim from Resu.

I hope I get paired with another 1/6 doll.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby durianbom » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:37 pm

I PMed you, but for anyone who wants to know I entered my Megumi into the swap!
durianbom
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm slightly confused as to how this is going to work.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby arrowchild » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:58 pm

I'd love to join, but I need a bit more info before I know if I can or not :)
-what is the deadline to send our swap gifts?
-is there a price limit/minimum?
-how are the dolls going to be paired, (same size? random pairings etc)?
-are we supposed to contact our partner for their shipping info?

thanks! :D
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby catshem » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:00 pm

I can't figure out if I want to join this or not. >_< Do items have to be strictly bought, or can they be handmade? Uggguuuu, then that brings into question my skills and ability to do so @_@
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Swaps