Go to footer

The Partners Have Been Picked for the Summer Swap 2012

Everybody likes a swap - here is your place to participate in one, start one, or just be voyeuristic on those of others!

Forum rules
    Swaps may be started by any member who wishes to run one. The forum management is not responsible for or liable for any actions or incidents which may occur during a swap that is not officially being run by forum management.

Re: Now Open! Summer Swap 2012- The Great Outdoors!

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:32 pm

For the record I don't mind being paired with a non Obitsu of a similar size to Riv'. I can adapt.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:35 am

MrKaffiend wrote:@ Setsuna Kou Your boy is too cute!! >w< He looks like he could be my Chorus' little brother! n_n I got a weakness for dark hair and big eyes. >w<

Awww, thank you so much, Mr.Kaffiend-san!!! :hugs: He is really too cute! I just couldn't resist buying him for my sister!
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby darkfairykara » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:25 am

>.< i'm so excited for this. i'm already thinking and preparign for it.
Broke &
Joyfully in
Denial
darkfairykara
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby JanetT » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Name: Gwyddion, Prince of Summer Isles

Age: Unclear; being an elf, he's essentially immortal, but considered somewhat of a bratty, rebellious teenager by the standards of his kind.

Background & Personality: A prince of the Sidhe, son of the Summer Queen. The problem with being the heir apparent in a society of virtual immortals is that the chances of ever inheriting the throne (at least due to natural causes) is remote. The Summer Queen barely recognizes the sovereignty of the Winter King; in her ancient eyes, her son the prince is doomed to be forever an adolescent, in training and preparation for but never actually ready for the throne she has no expectation of relinquishing anytime soon. Not that Gwyddion is all that interested in the throne (or so he says). That would mean assuming the weight of ancient traditions and responsibilities, including the long-presumptive betrothal and marriage to Princess Nieve, daughter of the Winter King, not to mention the burdens of kingship over all the Fae, which is rather like being in charge of herding cats. There's something to be said for centuries of rebellious adolescence—and never having to grow up—and Gwyddion knows he's got a good thing going—he has all the privileges of rank, and very little actual responsibility.

Likes: Unlike many of the more "purist" members of his clan, the novelty of the human world intrigues him, the little bits of it he's been able to sneak out and see. Especially things like movies, television, video-games, music and human food (even when he doesn't quite understand them). He finds comic books, fantasy, and science fiction the most entertaining, because he considers them more "realistic" (He tried watching reality TV and didn't get it at all….) He is equally fond of the forest and the sea—his father was a Elven sailor of great renown, who sailed off into the sunrise one day and never came back (Those who know his mother don't find this at all surprising….)

Dislikes: Polluters and litterbugs who damage the natural world. Narrow minded people. People who tell him what to do (or don't do what he tells them....) Being dirty or grubby. People without imagination, who don't believe in Elves or magic. Not really crazy about anything made from cold iron, either...

Size: SD - 1/3 scale, approx. 63cm. (DIM Minimee elf head on Demon Garden body)

Partner With: Any size, though I can only do clothing items for sizes I have. (however I can always improvise non-clothing stuff, I'm sure!) Any country is fine, I can ship overseas.

Notes: I'm in a non-smoking, no pets household. Would prefer to trade with non-smoker; I'm allergic to cats but I've never had trouble with swap items from cat owners, so pet owners are fine. :)
This space for rent.....
JanetT
Dolly Pardon

Re: Partners Picked! Summer Swap 2012- The Great Outdoors!

Postby maywong » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 pm

The partners have been picked. Please look on the 1st page and contact your partner. Thanks.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: The Partners Have Been Picked for the Summer Swap 2012

Postby Evelien » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Heehee, I asked for tiny or 1/12 and got SD... XD. A lack of Europeans? ;) But that's okay, I'm very happy to be paired up with Perla Nemesis, we've already got each other's addresses anyway. ;) And I know what fits a 60cm Obitsu since I used to have them :D

Thanks for doing this maywong! It must have been a hell of a puzzle!!
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby PerlaNemesis » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Yeah, this was a bit unexpected but I'm really happy to swap with Evelien. ^.~ Thanks, maywong. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PerlaNemesis
the walls have dolliehs

Postby darkfairykara » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:01 pm

my partner was unexpected too. but i'm happy with my partner and we've already contacted eachother.
Broke &
Joyfully in
Denial
darkfairykara
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby maywong » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 pm

I tried to group people who were oversea, had similar allergies, who had cats, dogs, smoker, doll sizes and lived in the USA. This was a puzzle. :D Thanks for being understanding .
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby maywong » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 am

I'm hoping everyone has contacted their partners.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Swaps