Go to footer

Christmas swap ? Would anyone be interested in hosting it ?

Everybody likes a swap - here is your place to participate in one, start one, or just be voyeuristic on those of others!

Forum rules
    Swaps may be started by any member who wishes to run one. The forum management is not responsible for or liable for any actions or incidents which may occur during a swap that is not officially being run by forum management.

Christmas swap ? Would anyone be interested in hosting it ?

Postby MissReckless » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm a bit afraid to host a swap as the only one I have hosted before turned out badly. Since international shipping can take ages especially around Christmas it might be worth having send out in early December or even late November. That way everyone would get their stuff on time and could chose to open now or wait till christmas. A secret Santa type swap would also be fun where people posted a wish list and their dolls likes dislikes, and the partner sent items based on that.

The form for joining Den of angels Xmas swap could be used for ours too

Picture of doll:
Doll’s name:
Doll’s mold, size and gender:
Doll’s likes/dislikes/personality:
Wishlist:

Please let me know if you are intrested in joining or hosting this swap
MissReckless

Re: Christmas swap ? Would anyone be interested in hosting i

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:13 am

I'm interested in joining.

I think we didn't open the Christmas one until closer to December last year, though.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:19 am

Yeah it was done that way last year and gave me time to join. I'm still hoping to.

But I don't like Secret Santa's involving doll items because it'd be like a neon sign with my address on it.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby jemlovecraft » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 pm

Alopecia No Hime wrote:Yeah it was done that way last year and gave me time to join. I'm still hoping to.

But I don't like Secret Santa's involving doll items because it'd be like a neon sign with my address on it.

When I've done online Secret Santas that involve shipping, we've just submitted our addresses to the organizer who then sent it to our partners. Worked like a charm!
deviantArt
Flickr
Story blog/Doll blog
At Home: BBB Ariel (Leah) ♠ DZ Hid (Sam) ♠ DZ Mo/AOD (Pen) ♠ RS Fei (Siri) ♠ RS Tang/D-Leaves (Cord) ♠ RS An (Michael)
jemlovecraft
Dolly Pardon

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:43 am

jemlovecraft wrote:
Alopecia No Hime wrote:Yeah it was done that way last year and gave me time to join. I'm still hoping to.

When I've done online Secret Santas that involve shipping, we've just submitted our addresses to the organizer who then sent it to our partners. Worked like a charm!

Yeah, you wouldn't ever be asked to publicly post your address on the forum. That would be dangerous for so many reasons.
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:00 am

I think I worded that wrong. I don't like not knowing who my partner is gonna be. It's just this thing I've had since joining the hobby. Swaps I'm fine secret santa's..Not so much. No offense to those who like doing it like that it's just not for me.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:00 pm

It wasn't a secret Santa thing last year on here. Everyone's partners were posted on in the swap thread like they normally are.
Lamia of the Dark

Postby MissReckless » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:01 pm

Alopecia No Hime wrote:I think I worded that wrong. I don't like not knowing who my partner is gonna be. It's just this thing I've had since joining the hobby. Swaps I'm fine secret santa's..Not so much. No offense to those who like doing it like that it's just not for me.

It's really up to you guys, if people aren't into secret Santa style we can just have a normal swap, if however the majority want secret Santa style I'm sure a swap where the partners are known can be organised for them.
MissReckless

Postby Gift_in_Edge » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:53 am

I vote for a normal swap. What you get is still a surprise.

MissReckless: You were a BIG help with the Halloween swap. If no one else host I think you should. :)
I'm mostly on Tumblr now.
Gift_in_Edge

Postby MissReckless » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 am

Gift_in_Edge wrote:I vote for a normal swap. What you get is still a surprise.

MissReckless: You were a BIG help with the Halloween swap. If no one else host I think you should. :)

Maybe, I'm not quite sure though.
MissReckless

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Swaps