Go to footer

Canadian Meet-up Group!

You hope, you pray you aren't alone in your dollieh fantaticism - so organize that meetup and see who else shares your illusions and dillusions.

Forum rules
    Meetups are not organized by or controlled by the forum management who cannot be held liable for anything that occurs at them, good or bad. Meet publically, meet safely!

Canadian Meet-up Group!

Postby Faekization » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, or if it's been done before and I'm just blind; please ignore any stupidity I may be experiencing.

I would like to start a group for the Canadian collectors out there, so we can make it easier to discuss meet-ups or potentially meet friends that are in close proximity. The idea is that you would post your username and what province/territory you are from, and I would create a list. This would make it super easy to look up people in your area, and schedule small meet-ups between ourselves. If anyone hears news of official, bigger meet-ups being held in Canada, or somewhere very, very near, I would love to post those as well. This way, we Canadians can perhaps feel a little more "in the loop."

Is this something anyone would be interested in? Or am I completely bonkers?
Faekization
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: Canadian Meet-up Group!

Postby Nella » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:28 pm

I think it's great idea! Not sure how spread out the Canucks are on this forum though. :)
I'm in the captial of Manitoba and we have a group over here. So if anyone is passing through centre of the country, send me a line and I'll see if we can arrange a get-together!
Nella
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Faekization » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Thanks for the input! And probably very spread out, but even still... maybe there will be some lucky people near enough to each other to meet. And if not, it's always nice to chat with people who you have things in common with, right? :3
Manitoba, nice! I've been there twice so far. I'll have to edit my first post and start up this list... will fancy it up later once a few more people post.
Faekization
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Wispalian » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Not sure if this is still an active topic/ongoing, but I'd be interested. I'm from a bit outside of Edmonton, Alberta. :)
Wispalian
i see dead dolliehs

Postby iron_dog » Sat May 16, 2015 2:12 pm

I'm in southern Ontario (GTA). There is a local group near me but I honestly have no idea of when the last meet up was it's been that long. I do know that there is going to be a meet up during AnimeNorth (May 22-24) on the Sunday although I likely can't attend due to commitments at other AN events.
iron_dog
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Meetups