Go to footer

Anyone Going to Dollism NY?

You hope, you pray you aren't alone in your dollieh fantaticism - so organize that meetup and see who else shares your illusions and dillusions.

Forum rules
    Meetups are not organized by or controlled by the forum management who cannot be held liable for anything that occurs at them, good or bad. Meet publically, meet safely!

Anyone Going to Dollism NY?

Postby OkamiKodomo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:48 pm

Myrretah and I will be there, with our friend (who is not on DS but is moondust07x on DoA) and we will have room sales on Friday and some of our guys with us, including Angel and Dallieh. Anyone else going?
Too many dollies to list. Check my profile if you wanna know who's who!
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Anyone Going to Dollism NY?

Postby Sparkligreenjelli » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 pm

I went and I had a really good time. Seeing the dolls up close make me want to buy more.
Sparkligreenjelli
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby arrowchild » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:32 am

I was there! I'm actually 99% sure I stopped by your room during room sales, OkamiKodomo XD
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:06 pm

I was there! It was most awesome, although I think I only got to like half the room sales 'cause they were spread out all over the place. lol I attended the swap meet on Saturday, though!

Man, that was the best convention! I can't wait until they hold another one! <3
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby arrowchild » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Stormlight wrote:I was there! It was most awesome, although I think I only got to like half the room sales 'cause they were spread out all over the place. lol I attended the swap meet on Saturday, though!

Man, that was the best convention! I can't wait until they hold another one! <3

Wasn't it though? I'm still having con withdraw XD
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Haha that's awesome arrowchild! We were the ones with the giant banner, Immortal Gothic. We had Cain for sale but everyone was holding out for the official vendors. ~pout Did anyone get any good pictures?
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby arrowchild » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:50 pm

OkamiKodomo wrote:Haha that's awesome arrowchild! We were the ones with the giant banner, Immortal Gothic. We had Cain for sale but everyone was holding out for the official vendors. ~pout Did anyone get any good pictures?

It was! My friend Virginia and I stopped by and I only realized after the fact where I knew you from XD

I have a few pictures here, mostly just personal pics, but there are a few random ones:

https://www.facebook.com/lora.gray.77/m ... 145&type=3
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Stormlight » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Oh! I think I saw you there but I had no idea it was you or I'd have definitely made a point to say hi! lol I saw Kitty Blue there 'cause I was admiring her gorgeous Lumie. :)
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby arrowchild » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Stormlight wrote:Oh! I think I saw you there but I had no idea it was you or I'd have definitely made a point to say hi! lol I saw Kitty Blue there 'cause I was admiring her gorgeous Lumie. :)

I feel like that happened with so many of us-it's too bad the badges didn't have a place for our DOA/forum names! Kitty is such a sweetheart-she actually lives really close to me (she carpooled home with us :) )
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby OkamiKodomo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Kitty is definitely cool, she hung out for a short bit before dropping off her entry for the costume contest. A bunch of us were saying that the badges should've had our Den names on them.

I felt a little bad after the fact, because I tend to fall into salesperson mode, so I think I may have alienated a few people that came to the room. I've worked in sales and retail for most of my working life, so it comes naturally. My girlfriend actually said after the show that I am "very commanding" in a sales environment. x.x
OkamiKodomo
Iz dolliehs Here

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Meetups