Go to footer

Delaware, Maryland, PA Meetup?

You hope, you pray you aren't alone in your dollieh fantaticism - so organize that meetup and see who else shares your illusions and dillusions.

Forum rules
    Meetups are not organized by or controlled by the forum management who cannot be held liable for anything that occurs at them, good or bad. Meet publically, meet safely!

Delaware, Maryland, PA Meetup?

Postby Lexagon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:00 am

:D I was just wondering if perhaps there were any forum members interested in having a meetup sometime before the summer ends.

I didn't see any threads for this part of the country so I figure I'd throw the idea out there. So if there is anyone in Delaware, Eastern Maryland or anything like that we could find a place in the middle and all get to say hi to each other! :D

So if you're interested or have ideas where we could possibly meet either PM me or just post something here :)

I hope we can do this!
Lexagon
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Re: Delaware, Maryland, PA Meetup?

Postby Stormlight » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:45 am

I'm in PA! On DOA, there is a PA meetup thread. We hold meetups pretty much every month, located mostly in Hershey or Lancaster. Just in case anyone wanted to know. :)

But I'm all for meetups anywhere! I hope there are more east-coasters out there. Seems like most people on this forum live on the wrong side of the States! lol
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Lokiholic » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:21 am

Lancaster? Hrm. Where at in Lancaster?
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby AlmySidaKay » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:34 am

Did you guys know there is a forum for BJD folks in New England? It's called N.E.R.D.s http://www.nerdolls.com/

I know about it because it's the sister site to the dairyland site, which I use for talk with dollieh folk from the midwest. :D
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Stormlight » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:56 am

Lokiholic - When held in Lancaster it's at someone's house who lives right down from Mt. Hope Winery, where the Renn faire is held.
In Hershey, it's at the Hershey library in a meeting room.

AlmySidaKay - Ooo, I did not know that. I do know there's a BJD guild in Boston, but a nine-hour trip is a bit far to travel for a day. ^^;
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby catshem » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:18 am

OMG I'm In New Jersey. Please, more of you on the east coast need to surface! lol And holy crap I'm going to RennFaire next month on the 24-25th. Do any of you go into the Faire when you meetup? I would love to have a mini meet at the Faire.

And thanks for sharing the NERD site. I'm joining it now!
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Llwynog » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 am

I live in Calvert County Maryland. I'm in a group that sometimes meets in Annapolis and sometimes in member's homes on Kent Island.

There is a group at Arrunel Mills Mall and another in DC. I think there is a group in Baltimore too.
Llwynog

Postby Lexagon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:35 pm

Ahh so happy :333 So much information! SO MUCH.

A Renn Faire meetup so very promising! I love the Renn Faire!

The Hershey and Lancaster meetups sound promising, that's like a 2 hour drive from me but we go up there pretty often, plus my dad would drive me anywhere so long as I'm not in his hair! :D

I'm not in DoA so I can't see any of their meetup threads :\ I've been trying to get in since April but it's always only by invitation. Bleh.
Lexagon

Postby catshem » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Lexagon wrote:I'm not in DoA so I can't see any of their meetup threads :\ I've been trying to get in since April but it's always only by invitation. Bleh.

As far as I know it's always been like that. lol I think I looked into DoA last year and it was invite only and I was like "Whaaat?" I've kinda given up trying to get in *shrug*
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Lexagon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

catshem wrote:
Lexagon wrote:I'm not in DoA so I can't see any of their meetup threads :\ I've been trying to get in since April but it's always only by invitation. Bleh.

As far as I know it's always been like that. lol I think I looked into DoA last year and it was invite only and I was like "Whaaat?" I've kinda given up trying to get in *shrug*

Early last year, when I was first tinkering with the idea of getting a BJD it was still open to anyone, I didn't want to join until I actually had a doll though :| Then I found Dollieh Sanctuary and was like "Nope, nevermind my heart has moved on"... or something dramatic like that :lol: But now I see that DoA has a lot of information other than just their size specific forums.

Oh well, that's why we've got this thread now! :D
Lexagon

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Meetups