Go to footer

Delaware, Maryland, PA Meetup?

You hope, you pray you aren't alone in your dollieh fantaticism - so organize that meetup and see who else shares your illusions and dillusions.

Forum rules
    Meetups are not organized by or controlled by the forum management who cannot be held liable for anything that occurs at them, good or bad. Meet publically, meet safely!

Re: Delaware, Maryland, PA Meetup?

Postby catshem » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Lexagon wrote:
catshem wrote:
Lexagon wrote:I'm not in DoA so I can't see any of their meetup threads :\ I've been trying to get in since April but it's always only by invitation. Bleh.

As far as I know it's always been like that. lol I think I looked into DoA last year and it was invite only and I was like "Whaaat?" I've kinda given up trying to get in *shrug*

Early last year, when I was first tinkering with the idea of getting a BJD it was still open to anyone, I didn't want to join until I actually had a doll though :| Then I found Dollieh Sanctuary and was like "Nope, nevermind my heart has moved on"... or something dramatic like that :lol: But now I see that DoA has a lot of information other than just their size specific forums.

Oh well, that's why we've got this thread now! :D

Hehe, and besides, some of the people on this forum and JS carry over the information from DoA, so it's kinda like... guess I don't need to now? o_0

I think as long as it's a weekend meetup it wont be too hard for many of us.... I'm going to be painfully honest and admit I have travel fears ._. So I generally don't go much anywhere without my husband or someone else willing to tag along with me.
My dolls Family
I make doll wingsOfficial Store here
Commission thread here
Mirrored Fantasies Etsy store
**DS exclusive coupon code for my etsy shop: DS15OFF
I like cats and dolls... I think my life is set. Wife of Rob.
Their story The God of Rampage
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Lexagon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Hehe, and besides, some of the people on this forum and JS carry over the information from DoA, so it's kinda like... guess I don't need to now? o_0

I think as long as it's a weekend meetup it wont be too hard for many of us.... I'm going to be painfully honest and admit I have travel fears ._. So I generally don't go much anywhere without my husband or someone else willing to tag along with me.

Exactly! Plus I dunno, I would feel real uncomfortable over there I think. :?

Yeah it'd end up being a weekend meet more than likely because if my dad isn't home which is more than likely, my mom will have to drive.

You said you're from Jersey correct? Which part if you don't mind me asking :) I'm actually going to visit this weekend, spend a couple days there so maybe we could have an itty bitty mini meet-up somewhere. :D
Lexagon
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby catshem » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:09 pm

I'm in South Jersey. I can PM you more specific location details lol
My dolls Family
Commission thread here
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Lexagon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:29 pm

catshem wrote:I'm in South Jersey. I can PM you more specific location details lol

Haha that would be lovely! If you wanted to of course, no worries if not! :lol:
Lexagon

Postby catshem » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Lexagon wrote:
catshem wrote:I'm in South Jersey. I can PM you more specific location details lol

Haha that would be lovely! If you wanted to of course, no worries if not! :lol:

I PMed you~!
My dolls Family
Commission thread here
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Jersey, pretty close to Philadelphia here. Already been attending the local DOA meetups for about three years. Theres one this weekend, btw, am I gonna see any of you there?
(Its an open and public meetup, in a nice library, so if anyone wants the address just pm me :3)
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Lokiholic » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:07 pm

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Jersey, pretty close to Philadelphia here. Already been attending the local DOA meetups for about three years. Theres one this weekend, btw, am I gonna see any of you there?
(Its an open and public meetup, in a nice library, so if anyone wants the address just pm me :3)

Wish I could, but 1) I'll probably be working, and 2) I have no DoA on-topic dolls. And my account was probably deleted because I didn't post anything, because I made it about a week before SDCC. @_@
Lokiholic
Dolly Pardon

Postby SillyLilPuppet » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Just because its a DOA meet doesn't mean you can only bring DOA sanctioned dolls... my entire Obitsu crew and my Tonner pair always go, and many other members bring their non-BJD dolls and toys (action figures and ponies are frequently spotted). Its recently become more of a 'oh hey what new toys do you have?' type of thing.
<>My Tumblr<>My Etsy<>Come chat!<>
Too many dolls, I give up.
SillyLilPuppet
Dolly Pardon

Postby Lexagon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Could you email me the information please, Puppet? It sounds like it might be worth it to stop by on my way up.
Lexagon

Postby catshem » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:22 am

SillyLilPuppet wrote:Jersey, pretty close to Philadelphia here. Already been attending the local DOA meetups for about three years. Theres one this weekend, btw, am I gonna see any of you there?

There's on this weekend? Poo! My weekend is already full of things ;_;
My dolls Family
Commission thread here
catshem
Iz dolliehs Here

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Meetups