Go to footer

Dolliverse, June 16th 2013 [Netherlands EU]

You hope, you pray you aren't alone in your dollieh fantaticism - so organize that meetup and see who else shares your illusions and dillusions.

Forum rules
    Meetups are not organized by or controlled by the forum management who cannot be held liable for anything that occurs at them, good or bad. Meet publically, meet safely!

Dolliverse, June 16th 2013 [Netherlands EU]

Postby Evelien » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Yeah, this topic will probably be a private topic for Lif, Jany and me LOL but I still felt like posting it ^^. How exciting is it that I'll actually meet a German DS member I haven't met before!! Can't wait to see you Jany!

I will be selling Captured in Glass eyes again at my Sweet Little Smile shop. I'm really excited about my spot: I'm RIGHT next to Think Pink's booth. And while they may be my business competitor, I'm looking on the bright side: their customers will notice me faster, they'll like my eye display better (mine can be grabbed and fitted without a hassle, at TP's booth there's always a long line and fitting eyes peacefully usually isn't an option with them) AND I can easily leave my table to go shopping at TP while still being able to keep an eye on my booth ^^ (but I'm sitting with friends so I can leave anyway ^^)

http://www.dolliverse.com
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Dolliverse, June 16th 2013 [Netherlands EU]

Postby Jany » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:33 pm

*jumps up and down* Yay for Dolliverse!
Can't wait to see you either!

Mmm ... glass eyes ... I might have to bring my Stella after all, I love her eyes but they're acrylics ... I'd like to check how she looks in glass eyes ... you'll be my downfall, you and your pink neighbors ;)
There's a cat in "complicated" =^.^=
Jany
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Evelien » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:50 pm

I'd love to meet your Stella ^^

I'll be bringing my Unoa Sist/MNF hybrid, my MNF Shushu, my MNF Chloe, my Narae Butterfly and my Souldoll Soulkid Asen, and possibly mu Asleep Eidolon Peppermint but I need to redo her faceup.
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jany » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Oh my gosh, that's a lot of dolls! O.O
I was considering taking my Elfdoll/Doll In Mind hybrid but something popped up just the other day that made me decide to reshell her character ... so there's not much of a point buying new wigs for her now, not before I've figured out where I want to go with her now. I'll definitely take my little alien, she definitely needs a wig - she's the only one among my crew who takes a 9-10 and I've got nothing that size.
Will you be in any workshops? I signed up for photography and adjusting patterns :)
Jany

Postby Evelien » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:59 pm

No I won't, I'll have to sit at my table all day ;). I'm sitting with friends who have their own booths so I can't leave my table for a long time. And I'm only able to take that many dolls and a lot of stuff because my father offered to drive me there <3. If I'd have to take the train, I wouldn't be able to bring that much stuff. :)

Are you coming with public transport? If you pass through Deventer by train, please wave at our pretty little skyline. It's where I live ^^
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jany » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm

We'll go by car, but we'll pass right by Deventer. My dad told me the other night that back when we used to go to Ameland every year for the summer holidays we used to take a break in Deventer and have some ontbijtkoek :)

I'm so curious what will be for sale ...
Jany

Postby Evelien » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Deventer ontbijtkoek! It's what we're "famous" for LOL.

I'm curious too. It's supposed to be bigger and setup more professionally this time :D
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Jany » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:50 pm

It's a happy childhood memory for me :) I was over the moon when I found something similar in a grocery store a while ago, I could live on that stuff XD

I love the idea of being able to actually see things before I buy them, instead of ordering blind and having to rely on monitor settings and other people's pictures for colours. (I'll mainly be looking for wigs and eyes, I make all my dolls' clothes myself.) I missed the deadline for the Bring&Buy, I'm still kicking myself for that. I had made some things but then I got sick and didn't sign up on time ... maybe next year :)
Jany

Postby Evelien » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:39 am

I will use part of my table for wigs and small stuff I'm trying to sell, other than just my glass eyes. You may use my table for your stuff too. You won't have to pay me for it or anything. :)
Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:21 pm

Dolliverse was a blast once again and it was awesome to meet you Jany!!
I heard lots of people around me complain that people weren't willing to spend a lot of money today, but I sold more eyes than I did last year, so I'm actually quite happy!

This is me at my booth:

Flickr | Ipernity
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Meetups