Go to footer

California Coast Ball Jointed Doll Convention June 6th & 7th

You hope, you pray you aren't alone in your dollieh fantaticism - so organize that meetup and see who else shares your illusions and dillusions.

Forum rules
    Meetups are not organized by or controlled by the forum management who cannot be held liable for anything that occurs at them, good or bad. Meet publically, meet safely!

California Coast Ball Jointed Doll Convention June 6th & 7th

Postby Stormy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Hey Everyone!

My name is Lydia--aka Stormy and I am super stoked to announce that the California Bay Area will be holding a BJD convention this year! It will be held June 6th and 7th in Orinda, CA---see www.ccbjd.org for more details.

There will be sweet treats, 2 dealer rooms, and a great outdoor area to hold mini-meet up groups and so much more. We will keep everyone posted!

Any questions shoot me a PM, or check us out on facebook!

<3 Stormy
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Re: California Coast Ball Jointed Doll Convention June 6th &

Postby Stormy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:46 pm

Woo! Things are heating up over at CCBJD.ORG!!

We're announcing vendors and sneak peeks into what donations and games are in store, check it out! :3
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to let you guys know we not only have a de-yellowing tutorial set up for the convention, but we've got a photo contest in the works too! :)

We are still looking for a face-up demo giver, and donations. If anyone is interested please shoot me a PM! :)

-Stormy
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Just to let everyone know our website is migrating servers! We will back in action on Friday!
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Okay guys....

Not ONLY is the CCBJD site back up...but we have a big announcement!!

VOLKS Usa is going to be our special guest at CCBJD!! :D

To quote Astrid, our main cooridnator:

"Thank you for being so patient with our server migration but as the saying goes, the best things come to those who wait! We are super excited to
announce our special guest, Volks USA.

We do not know what goodies they will bring with them yet but please take a look
at their Facebook page( The website is under construction)

https://www.facebook.com/volksusa

Volks has a rich history in Japan in the model toy and anime figure world. With stores sprinkled through out Japan and their flagship store in historic Kyoto, they also have offices here in California ( but no show room). They made their mark, creating the Japanese Ball Jointed Doll that set the standards for aesthetic and quality as the creators of the Original
"Super Dollfie".
If you have never seen Super Dollfies in person, now is your chance to meet Volks and their beautiful ABJD's at CCBJD 2014!"

PM me or give us a shout out if you have any questions! :)

-Stormy~
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Thu May 01, 2014 10:21 pm

CCBJD UPDATE IMPORTANT ---Hi Everyone- This is just a reminder as to where we are attendee wise and meeting our goals for the basic con stuff ,And I do mean basic. Since CCBJD has always been a homey, sort of grass roots convention and like a large meet up group, we have always counted on your support early on. We thank the attendees and vendors who have signed up already but we are still short of our goals.We need more attendee/vendor sign ups or else CCBJD will NOT Happen and like in 2011 I will have to refund everyone. We have room for six more vendors ( I am counting the one that signed up today too) It would really break my heart to have to cancel CCBJD but we have had LOW attendee sign ups. If we do not reach our minimum Goal of $400 by the 21st of this month then CCBJD will be cancelled. It would be such a shame too since Volks has already agreed to come and the amount of hard work that has been put into it since December. So everyone let us pull together and make this happen? You can split tables and you can sell your swap meet type person items or if you have family members that may want to come tell them to sign up before MAY 21st that is our cut off date.
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Hey Guys!

CCBJD IS A GO!!

We're getting new vendors and sponsors everyday, check out CCBJD.ORG for more details!

WOO!!
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Tue May 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Just to let everyone know there will also be a photography contest!! :D check out CCBJD.ORG for more info!!
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Fri May 23, 2014 10:05 pm

Just a couple more weeks until the convention guys! If you're in SF's Japan Town there are select areas with flyers that have discount coupons for at door registering! :D Otherwise register online, it's only $10.00!!
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Stormy » Sat May 31, 2014 7:44 pm

One week to day until CCBJD 2014!!

WOO!!
Stormy
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Meetups