Go to footer

Dollieh temptations and plans

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dollieh temptations and plans

Postby Qrinta » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:33 am

Feathered wings and antlers! And you can get the makeup. ^_^ They're apparently slightly smaller than the regular version.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:25 pm

a 3rd party company made a Ryu and Satsui no Hadou Ryu outfits and related heads in 1/6. Its the latest SFV versions like their Chun Li. I'm at a lost here since I'm unsure if I want to get the outfit when my existing version's fault is that the pants shrunk a little after a few times of washing. The head sculpt is rather good looking.

I'm tempted to get SFV Chun Li version if it fits my Obitsu, but she's seems to be spending more time as Obi-Chun the doll and had delgated most of the being Chun Li jobs to her 50cm sister Megu-Chun(go figure).

I dunno, I feel I need to go down to one of the physical stores to actively tempt myself or make a 1/3 EID Ryu version outfit to counter 1/6, I already have Ken and a runty Ryu.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:00 am

Both Fairyland and Luts are having events involving centaurs. Tiny centaurs and, in Luts's case, mini centaurs.

My Borytaur could sure use a friend... :lol:

I have to say, as much as I love Fairyland, they're like double the price of Luts's dolls. True, the engineering and design is a little more impressive, but STILL. $800 for a tiny realfee centaur full package?
Stormlight

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:42 am

Stormlight wrote:Both Fairyland and Luts are having events involving centaurs. Tiny centaurs and, in Luts's case, mini centaurs.

I have to say, as much as I love Fairyland, they're like double the price of Luts's dolls. True, the engineering and design is a little more impressive, but STILL. $800 for a tiny realfee centaur full package?

Yeah that's a bit steep isn't it? Kind of why I haven't gotten a Fairyland doll in forever.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:51 am

Stormlight wrote:Both Fairyland and Luts are having events involving centaurs. Tiny centaurs and, in Luts's case, mini centaurs.

I don't think I will ever own a Fairyland doll for that very reason, will just stare at all the lovely photos and dream. Unless of course we win the lottery. XD

I wasn't planning to get another TinyTaur unless they brought back the unicorns but the Luts Satyresses with the little Ram horns were too cute. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby DollyKim » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 am

1 Finish pink and black Monster, seriously consider never rerooting Monsters again and part with the left over baldies.
(and in no particular order)
Reroot the vintage heads that need it, rejoice that Barbies go much faster
Reroot a couple of my gals that need it, 70s Skipper, Jakks Pacific gal, make that whomever she is into Claire for the Monsters
Assess Teen Skippers and Courtneys for rerooting, most in original colors, Anastasia came out great, non blonde some of them
Catalog what I've got in preparation for a GTFO
Wish someone from the doll board lived closer to me because they could have all those 90s Barbies playsets we got from the lady I got the dollhouse from and all they have to do is pick them up
Make a Mod inspired case for Stacey and PJ
Make a squirrel inspired case for Barbie Me
Make the fabric totes for the Monsters and Doctors
Do non doll stuff
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Stormlight » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:04 am

Ordered a limited Soom outfit and a pair of silicon eyes for my tanned F65 boy. Because he's a dragon and demands proper fantasy clothes. REALLY hoping it will fit him, but I think his size is similar. If not, my Benmore has a new outfit to wear. And it's back to the drawing board for Ryujinn.

Also am still waiting on two wigs I'd splurged on from Amidaz Studios when they were having a Black Friday sale. One is meant for my F60 elf Karsh, who hasn't had a proper wig since I bought him. Nothing seems to work for my forest prince. :(

Trying to find a proper stand for my Lusion girl. Thought I found one but it was too small. Back to the drawing board! I found a Kaiser stand that will work but holy crap expensive, especially with shipping involved. X__x But I think I found some decent 1/6 saddle stands that will work for my Faery Legend gang, so they can stand while wearing their wings and not tip over. Now I just need to get around to sewing the poor nekkid one some actual clothes. :lol:
Stormlight

Postby Kattriella » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 am

Planning a Gloria doll furniture mega haul within the next few weeks, as well as a doll hair mega haul since I've got several dolls who have been sitting around waiting for customizing for months who are getting impatient. Also have a ton of repaints to start as soon as the weather gets warmer so I can break out the MSC. Then there's clothes to sew, other props and furniture that need constructed, backgrounds and sets to build . . . And none of this can happen until we get some more help at work because I'm currently working 6 days a week and have to spend my only day off cleaning and doing laundry.
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 am

Mass Disney Princess beheading. I have that giant box of ten that came out when Rapunzel did, they've occasionally changed clothes but otherwise just sit there. They all have elbows, wrists and click knees with high heel feet which is good enough for some like my super pale Clueless girls. Should match the vintage girls too. Dionne is on a Tiana body anyway. The heads will be stored away. This will free up some more 100 Poses so...

Snow White will be short listed to become Mary Poole for when I can get her hubby together.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:04 am

Argh... I hate how disorganised and unfriendly the action figure half of this hobby can be.

I've been window shopping for months now, trying to find a reputable custom painter who works in the hyper-realistic style needed for a couple of 1/6 scale heads I'm trying to get finished. But... I've never quite managed to make the plunge, given how anarchic to nonexistent their rep system tends to be - unlike the BJD half of the hobby.

I think I've found someone who's both skilled in hair and paintwork - I just need to work up the courage to get in touch and ask to join the commission wait list but... Ack. The hesitance is strong and the often toxic atmosphere over in action figure land really doesn't help.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'