Go to footer

MoC HaoQi bags

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

MoC HaoQi bags

Postby quidam » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:00 pm

I'm not certain how many people follow the store Mint on Card, but they will be going out of business this year.
In a few days, they will be releasing one last round of their HoaQi bags, which are basically bjd blind bags. They normally contain clothing, wigs,eyes, etc...occasionally even smaller dolls. This time around they have two new options: an "extra super" that will have a 1/4 sized doll, and an "ouchie" that will have a damaged doll or head for projects.

So, if you like surprises and nice deals, they will release them at some point on Wednesday. Last time they had bags, they sold out in less than a day.

Personally, I love surprises, and have been saving up in hopes of getting something. Thanks to early birthday money and a surprise win at a small baking contest I have enough to splurge on the extra-super! I can't wait to see who I bring home!

Anyone else planning on getting in on the sale?
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: MoC HaoQi bags

Postby Anonymouslazycat » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:20 pm

...Welp, there goes my money. Fortunately, I have some spare saved up haha. Hopefully I'll be able to get one, I love surprises! Just have to check to make sure shipping to Alaska isn't ridiculous :?
Anonymouslazycat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby quidam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Anonymouslazycat-
Did you manage to snag one?

Sadly, I didn't. Had it in the cart and was checking out when a notification popped up saying that it was now sold out. That was less than 5 minutes of going on sale!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Anonymouslazycat » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:33 pm

No, I actually decided against it before Wednesday came. I don't have any BJDs, and it's very likely I would get a lot of items that didn't fit any of the dolls I have. It did get me researching other "grab bag" type doll stuff though, hehe. Too bad you didn't manage to get one. I wonder if anyone on here did?
Anonymouslazycat
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Qrinta » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 pm

I ended up getting one. Curious to see what I get. ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby quidam » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:11 am

That's awesome, Qrinta! Hopefully you get something you love!
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Well, I can't say I was super excited about anything that came in the bag though I do like the wig. XD But I ordered one of the discounted display dolls as well and she is adorable!

No wig because I don't think the blond wig she came with looks good on her. XD
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby LauraJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 pm

The mermaid is a beauty.

You really don't like the little Dollzone? I think he/she's cute.

I got an Aimerai Jersey Devil in mine and I was over the moon because I already had the Dogman and the Yeti.
Keep the Torches Burning...It makes the scarecrow REAL nervous.
LauraJ
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby quidam » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Aaawwwww...sorry you didn't like what you got in the bag!

But your new girl is gorgeous! She looks much better than the pictures they had up. What color hair are you thinking?
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:29 pm

@LauraJ Awesome!

Haha. He is kind of cute but I'm not much of a project person so he's probably going to be blank forever. I don't really have a place for a little robot-like creature in my collection. =/ We'll see, he may grow on me. XD

Not sure on a wig color yet. I may have to try a few different colors to see though I don't have very many readily available in that size. Possibly an orange/red to play up the gold color. Or a blue or purple as I like the contrast. I'm partial to pale blue/teal hair.

Got thinking about it and decided to see if the blue wig from my grab bag would fit and it does. A bit loose but I do think the color is nice.

Qrinta's Cantankery

Qrinta

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'