Go to footer

Going back to just one doll?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Going back to just one doll?

Postby dhawktx » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:17 am

I'm one of "those folks" with my own storyline, so I collect dolls that will fit the storyline in some way. It's a fae fantasy, so there's LOTS of wiggle room for the 'different' dolls I like. They have pretty much discontinued my core doll line (Fairyland Chicline - an odd !:5 scale) so I've 'stockpiled' dolls when they came up on the MP so I'd have bodies for future characters, and even found a very few other dolls of a similar scale that I can expand with.

Recently there's been a second style of dolls I fell in love with (The Mushroom Peddler) that don't fit the first story at all. So now I've got TWO storylines!

And, yeah, I play with my dolliehs!

1:5 scale 3D printed Fencing Foils by dhawktx1, on Flickr
dhawktx
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby DollyKim » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 am

Story worlds are always welcome to change. My customs started that way and then I got Little Walken and decided to make the dolls actors in the story and let them grow as they would. And I totally get the buy them when you find 'em thing too.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Evelien » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:11 am

I have decided that I will keep my Asen. I wanted her so bad and I loved her so much when I just picked her up, I can't sell her. She won't be in the same 'story dimension' as my Carly and JID Ryan though. She'll have her own storyline. The only thing putting me off is her body, it's beautiful but it's soooo tightly strung; I'll restring her soon to solve that. :)

My Lati Blue body is as good as sold and I have people interested in Blueberry and Leira... I feel so at peace :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:39 am

I think that's a wise choice, Evelien! As a fellow Asen worshiper, I concur! :D
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby AlmySidaKay » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 am

I'm glad the blueberry will still be around the forums at least. I love what you have been doing with Carly so far, when are we going to see more of Marcus? :P
A hobby isn't supposed to leave you wistful, regretful and vaguely disappointed. BJD collecting is as customizable as the dolls themselves. Do whatever pleases you the most, because otherwise, why do it at all? All for the 'Gram Bitches love the 'Gram.
AlmySidaKay
Keeper of Unicorns, Rainbows and Happy Things

Postby Evelien » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:56 am

Leira will probably go to a forum member too ;). And I sold the Lati Blue body on DoA by responding to someone who was looking for one :). Fun fact: she'll use it for a Unoa hybrid, just like I did ^^

I will be working on a new faceup on my Ryan and a new wig is on its way... Don't expect anything within the next three weeks ;). He will undergo a full change of look and his name will probably change too...
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby magkelly » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 am

One doll? No way. Couldn't go there. I love them all, even though I have more dolls than space now... :)
magkelly
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kittyasauras » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:52 am

I know this feeling, I actually have some dolls just to sew for and sell the clothes.

...Although I haven't done that in a while. After my cat died, I pretty much lost all inspiration to do anything. I hope to sew again eventually, just not right now.

If I would though, I could wittle down my MSDs to just three. Echo, my DZ Megi; Ross, my Dikadoll Ling ri/yue; and Juna, my Dikadoll Blanca. I would have to keep my Puki Pukisha too. So four dolls out of the 11+ I own? I think that's pretty good.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FawnFeathers <-----ETSY~! dollieh clothes and what-nots
kittyasauras
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:05 pm

If I *had* to, I could whittle my group down to just two: Noble (MNF Kyle modded) and Keheley (MNF Shu-Shu elf), thought I'd probably want to keep my pukisha, too.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'