Go to footer

Vmf 50 questions

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Vmf 50 questions

Postby Nelly19 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:28 am

So am looking at the vmf 50 girls and I like what I see, I am thinking about maturing my dolls body (not right now, maybe next year? Or if I won't the lotto or get inheritance from someone....) I like the womanly thighs of the type A body and am also looking to change the waits....just thoughts and waist with the original slim calfs of the 50cm obi. Thingis I can't tell if the girl is a whity or a tan. I found a proxy but yamato looks like they have to restock? Or are those parts just gone forever am confused help please so that my doll may go through a mini dose of puberty, when the time comes, smoothly.
Its never too late to change course.
Nelly19
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Re: Vmf 50 questions

Postby K2! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:10 am

Nelly19 wrote:So am looking at the vmf 50 girls and I like what I see, I am thinking about maturing my dolls body (not right now, maybe next year? Or if I won the lotto or get inheritance from someone....) I like the womanly thighs of the type A body and am also looking to change the waits....just thoughts and waist with the original slim calves of the 50cm obi. Thing is I can't tell if the girl is a whity or a tan. I found a proxy but yamato looks like they have to restock? Or are those parts just gone forever? I am confused. Help please so that my doll may go through a mini dose of puberty, when the time comes, smoothly.

Yamato doesn't keep a regular "stock" on hand like most stores. Since they buy their VMF bodies from Obitsu, they no doubt have to pay for everything up front so they are eager to turn around and sell them. Yamato does mostly limited releases, which guarantees they don't have to pay for having excess stock on hand.There have been several releases of most bodies, some as their various Original Concept Image Girls and some as "unfinished" bodies. Most of their OCIG doll come with a face up, eyes, body blushing, a pair of "grasping" hands, but no wig.
The best place to get a Yamato VMF, short of stalking their web site waiting for the next release, is to stalk Yahoo Japan Auctions. Secondary market prices have come down over the years and many of the VMFs sold now go for near retail or a modest mark up. There are a few people that still insist on listing their VMFs a 50% retail or higher, but those dolls are just not selling at those prices like they once were. Other venues that have carried the VMFs are Hobby Link Japan (http://www.hlj.com/)(new) and Mandarake Shop (http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/)(used).
The A Type body has been used exclusively in two fullset releases of the Nitroplus character Super Sonico. She is a white skin body, which is the same as Obitsu white skin (stock 50cm). Don't count on them restocking either of these releases but a new third release is probably not out of the question.

A small quantity of the custom VMF replacement vinyl skins have been sold on their online store. Not surprisingly the busts and abdomens sell out with in hours. These parts have appeared on Yahoo Japan Auctions in the past. All of these parts are physically compatible with the stock Obitsu 50cm and 48cm bodies (except for the legs on the 48cm). While all of these parts a physically compatible, they are not all aesthetically compatible. One example being the larger thighs of the Type A body do not look good with some of the slimmer abdomens. Likewise the larger abdomen of the Type A does not look good with the slimmer thighs of the Type D and E.
Here is a picture showing most of the body types so you can get a sense of their relative size and proportions.
From left to right: Type B, Type B, Type C, Type A, Type E (Tan, also available in white skin as OCIG Eri), and Type F.

(neko ears not included)
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Nelly19 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:49 pm

Anna Marie is a Curvy mama! Ok I see better that a type c or f is what I should look for. Thanks k2 my girl is almost done, :) can't wait to introduce ya
Its never too late to change course.
Nelly19
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Janeway » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:04 pm

:) Hi K2 what vmf50 is the girl with the blue hair?
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:41 pm

European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby K2! » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:22 pm

As Evelien stated, she's a Visuadoll Sora head (another Obitsu contract!) on a VMF50n Type C body.
The Visuadolls all use Obitsu bodies, 50cms for the girls and 55cms for the guys.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'