Go to footer

7" Sized Blue Doll? (Or any 7" sized dolls?)

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

7" Sized Blue Doll? (Or any 7" sized dolls?)

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:03 am

Wow...I know this is going to be a stretch but does anyone know of any 7" tall fashion dolls (adult/teen shaped--not toddler) that have blue skin?

That's super implausible probably, so how about any 7" tall fashion dolls?

I just received a commission request for a 7" tall 'Mira Nova' doll. (from 'Buzz Lightyear of Star Command' or something like that, from my understanding.)

I'm not sure why the buyer wants her at 7" tall (maybe to match a current set of toys/dolls from that series?) but she does want a doll (not a figure).

Is there anything out there that might work for this? Or even any 7" sized dolls at all?

Thanks for any help or advice!!! :)
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: 7" Sized Blue Doll? (Or any 7" sized dolls?)

Postby Trethowan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:32 pm

How tall is the blue sparkle Fairytopia Barbie? Would that work? She's an ice blue with darker blue hair (which could be rerooted of course)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Fairytopia ... Swl8NVV805

I found one on ebay for eight bucks.

Edit: I'm so sorry, google-fu tells me Barbie is 11 inches tall. /sigh. I should have googled that first.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:06 pm

Trethowan wrote:How tall is the blue sparkle Fairytopia Barbie? Would that work? She's an ice blue with darker blue hair (which could be rerooted of course)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Fairytopia ... Swl8NVV805

I found one on ebay for eight bucks.

Edit: I'm so sorry, google-fu tells me Barbie is 11 inches tall. /sigh. I should have googled that first.

Thanks for the help, Trethowan-san!! :hugs: Yeah, that's why this is such an impossible task!

I asked the buyer what doll she suggests I use as a base and she came back saying that a plush doll would be okay, too. ^^;;

So, I guess, she really didn't know! I wonder why she came up with a 7" sized doll.....Hmmm.....?
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby maywong » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:02 pm

I found some 7" fashion dolls on eBay. You could dye or spray paint the figure blue.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Vetinari » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:09 pm

My Google fu failed me - but how tall are the equestria girls? Rainbow Dash would be roughly the right skintone and they're quite a bit shorter than Monster High. (Oh and with the boot pegs instead of feet - it might be possible to make them 7" relatively easily)

The only for-sure 7inch dolls I found were from Madame Alexander, but they're very much supposed to be children.

There were several blue 7inch "fashion dolls" on a Google search but they look like a cheap knockoff of another line and lack any articulation at all.
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Trethowan » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:46 pm

Is this person willing to pay for a 3D printed doll? There might be some 7 inch dolls out there. How tall were Kiki's fairies?
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:13 am

Vetinari wrote:My Google fu failed me - but how tall are the equestria girls? Rainbow Dash would be roughly the right skintone and they're quite a bit shorter than Monster High. (Oh and with the boot pegs instead of feet - it might be possible to make them 7" relatively easily)

Equestria Girls are roughly 8 inches tall however they stopped making peg feet and use actual feet nowadays. But yeah, an EQG Rainbow Dash would be the perfect sculpt and skin tone for this custom actually...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SetsunaKou » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:22 am

Wow! You guys are AWESOME!!!!

Vetinari-san! You're wonderful!!! How could I forget EQ?!? I own Rarity and Applejack!! :laughs:

But KD-san is right, RD would be perfect!!!! I'll let the buyer know I can make an 8" doll of the character if she'd rather that than a plushie doll!!! :)

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!! :hugs:
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Vetinari » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:19 pm

Glad we could help you find a solution! :D
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby embyquinn » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:46 pm

So glad you found a solution so quickly, Setsu-san!

Now this, right here, is why I love this forum so. very. much. We work to help each other, and you don't have to be afraid of being mocked or made fun of if you ask a question. We're an eclectic bunch with a wide variety of interests, but when it comes down to it, we all share the same love of dolls, and of each other. And--for the most part--nobody judges anybody. Ever.

I do so love you guys.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'