Go to footer

LIFE SIZED DOLL?! omg

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: LIFE SIZED DOLL?! omg

Postby Trethowan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:55 pm

I'd set it out on a park bench and hide in the bushes with a video recorder and laugh at people's reactions.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Trethowan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:57 pm

No no no... I'd sit ON the bench with it and carry on a conversation. THAT would be even funnier.
Trethowan

Postby EAB » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 pm

I agree with K2.
I don't even want to go bigger than 60cm (good-bye, Lian, my grail), so I definitely wouldn't want one of these, even if she were affordable.
I think she's more a conspicuous consumption commodity.
EAB
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Swan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Anyone remember The Monkees TV show where they had a life sized male doll sitting in a chair? I always wanted one of those.

As to the mannequin idea - My grandmother used to run a drss shop. My job it was to dress and change the window mannequins. What - A - Pain! The arms and legs are designed to come OFF the torso if you twist them a certain way. If you weren't REAL careful, they'd come off just for the FUN of it! Usually right after you'd put a silk and lace blouse or dress on and RIP!! GRRRR and dressing them? a LOT harder than it looked. Plus, they were also fragile! AND each one seemed ONLY to go with itself, so you couldn't just "swap arms" if one broke. Then they were HeAVY! VCombersome, liable to fall apart, you had, then, to lift the dressed doll ONTO the standpole... by ramming the thing through the poor dollie's (cough! mannequin's!) CROTCH! Nearly gave me a COMPLEX it did, as a virginal teenager!

But I survived those... by FAR the CREEPIEST life sized doll was "Mrs. Chase" - our nursing school doll that we practised on. Her leg was ALWAYS falling off! Now... that wouldn't be all that BAD except for just a FEW tiny little details -

Mrs Chase had: 1. a neck hole to simulate a "tracheotomy" or breathing tube hole. 2. a "stoma" in her side where a colostomy bag would go. 3. an open mouth and teeth (TEEEEEETH!! O__O;;;) so you could tug her tongue out (it came off! AIEEEE!) and do "mouth to mouth" on her. 4. Compress her chest and she would "exhale" plasticy breath at you through mouth and nose! 5. She had veins in her arm (inner elbow) leg, hand and foot where you could stab her with a needle (she bled!) or start IV lines (she "peed" the liquid out through her crotch! You could put her on a bedpan to empty her) and the KILLER.... she was made on a framework of actual HUMAN BONES! so here and there, through the rubbery plastic (did I mention she had pubic hair? >shudder<) you could feel and sometimes SEE the bones! And when her leg came off, one of the bones protruded through!

GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
(runs screaming off into the night) Mrs. Chase HAUNTED my dreams!

That was one CREEEEEPY ass dollieh!

Swan
Still traumatized!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Swan » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Oh - before I gfo... one Mrs Chase story I'd like to relate.

When you cranked her up in the hospital bed, if you weren't careful, her hand would fall to the side and alnd on your TIT!

She did that once when a visiting medical student was looking her over, giving the poor girl a very thorough groping through her uniform as the rubbery hand slid down her chest, aiming for her crotch. The terrified woman leapt back with a yelp "OMG! She's a LESBIAN!!" we all just fell on the floor laughing! I think I hated that doll!

I am given to understand that the "new" Mrs Chase" models actually have a heart beat and breath sounds! Aiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyiyi!

Going to bed own. I'll probably DREAM about that bony old rubbery broad!

Swan
Last edited by Swan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961 (Clarke's third law)
Swan
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Trethowan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 am

that sounds pretty creepy. :-p
Trethowan

Postby zirconmermaid » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:21 am

I have always wanted a life size doll! I do costuming, and would display her in the costumes. I also collect vintage clothing and can't fit them. This girl is a little big for the vintage stuff, but I bet she would fit the costumes despite being taller than me by three inches. I really like her face too! You can put her in your car and drive in all the commuter lanes too - LOLS!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby happyknot » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:37 pm

Swan - Mrs.Chase sounds horrifying but I am sure all the real patients that didn't have to be guinea pigs for medical students are no doubt very thankful.

zirconmermaid - I got a good laugh out of the idea of using the doll for the commuter lane.

I would want this doll insured. What a pain in the butt.
happyknot
Dolly Pardon

Postby Evelien » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Swan, I was laughing out loud when I read your Mrs Chase stories, but wow, I would be freaked out by her IRL I'm sure... O.o
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Trethowan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:49 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:I have always wanted a life size doll! I do costuming, and would display her in the costumes. I also collect vintage clothing and can't fit them. This girl is a little big for the vintage stuff, but I bet she would fit the costumes despite being taller than me by three inches. I really like her face too! You can put her in your car and drive in all the commuter lanes too - LOLS!

commuter lanes!! That's brilliant!
Trethowan

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'