Go to footer

House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:17 am

Welcome to the board :D
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:00 am

zirconmermaid wrote:Well, actually this tends to be a hobby where people don't start buying a doll until they are grown up! These dolls are not really intended as kids toys, but rather as grown-up toys. They are great for lots of reasons and I hope you do get one!

i hope i get one too! there's honestly nothing i want more than one of them
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:15 am

victoriavictrix wrote:I'm 62. I have...quite a lot of these dolls.

The Elves and the Anthros are my Elven Court, which doesn't have any particular storyline attached to them. The superheroes are from my book series, The Secret World Chronicles, and they act as my inspiration. Before I got into BJDs, I made porcelain dolls of the heroine of whatever book I was working on at the time, I kept some, and auctioned the rest for charity. I've made and auctioned BJDs for charity too; the first was for the Real World Hero auction and was a doll of the City of Heroes signature villain, Ghost Widow. The next will be for DragonCon to benefit one of Anne McCaffrey's charities and will be a doll of her character Acorna.

People use these dolls as models for costumes and clothing they hope to make at life size, they use them to practice sewing and art skills, photography skills, storytelling and writing.

Your mother should be pleased you are wanting to buy something that will last, and not spend it on a handbag or shoes that will be out of style next spring.

Oh wow! thats so awesome! I want to get into doll making one day too. It's really cool that you make them for charity. =D

and I wish my mom could understand that, I want one so i can sew clothes for her and make her things. Another one of the reasons she doesnt want me to get one is because their clothes cost as much as real clothes do.... but I told her that just means if i get good at making clothes for her that means i could sell clothes online. She thinks the whole idea is just plain ridiculous x___x

I pretty much know what i'd want to do for a living is making dolls or making doll clothing and items. The fact that she said i could have one and then changed her mind and decided to say i never could is more ridiculous then me wanting one i think =/
SugarCorpse

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:23 am

Evelien wrote:Welcome! Anona is adorable, I hope you and your mom will come to an agreement!

Thank you =D and i hope so as well x.x i probably wont stop bugging her until she lets me spend some of the money on a doll x.x and Anona would only cost like $250 with shipping.... which isn't that much compared to other dolls plus her face is SO ADORABLE. My mom just agreed to talk about it more so there's some hope~!
SugarCorpse

Postby Yanagi-sen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 am

Welcome.

Okay, you are 20... you are an adult. If it is money for YOUR belongings, it's YOUR money. Instead of replacing the plushies, you are deciding to put that money towards something else. You aren't spending that money on partying, or other substances ^_~, or gambling... you want to buy a doll. That you can then make very pretty things for. I hear you on the cost of clothes for them... I make nearly EVERYTHING mine wear (except wigs and shoes, and actually I just figured out how to make simple ghillie shoes).

Good luck and I hope you can talk some sense into her. ^___^
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:51 am

Yanagi-sen wrote:Welcome.

Okay, you are 20... you are an adult. If it is money for YOUR belongings, it's YOUR money. Instead of replacing the plushies, you are deciding to put that money towards something else. You aren't spending that money on partying, or other substances ^_~, or gambling... you want to buy a doll. That you can then make very pretty things for. I hear you on the cost of clothes for them... I make nearly EVERYTHING mine wear (except wigs and shoes, and actually I just figured out how to make simple ghillie shoes).

Good luck and I hope you can talk some sense into her. ^___^

Exactly. I do party now and then but usually don't spend any money doing so, and i don't do it very often. i have friends who go and get drunk every weekend (or since its summer probably like 4-5 times a week) and have sex with random men, not even people our age. Like 30-40 year old men. I'd never do that. Plus most of my closer friends have kids, a good friend of mine I've known since i was 11 just had her second. I want a baby too... just one that wont cry or demand food or poop all over the place x.x

She doesnt get that this is the first and so far only expensive thing i've ever wanted. Shes the one who offered to buy me game systems and my lap top and my prom dress, i didn't even ask or beg her. This is the only thing i'm asking for and its with money that technically SHOULD be mine. Ugh. I get that shes a single mom but omg she's like I'm not like my friends and people i know. I think that should be worth something in the "getting my daughter something she wants more than anything" department.
SugarCorpse

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:09 am

oh wow. i pointed out how all my friends have babies or are pregnant and all i want is a doll and she said yes... i dont trust her though... she'll probably change her mind again @____@
SugarCorpse

Postby Yanagi-sen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 am

SugarCorpse wrote:oh wow. i pointed out how all my friends have babies or are pregnant and all i want is a doll and she said yes... i dont trust her though... she'll probably change her mind again @____@

Order quick! ^___^
Yanagi-sen
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dirili » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 am

Agreed! Order quick! hehe
Definitely don't let her force you into buying something that you don't want. That will just be a waste of time and money.
My woefully neglected website:
http://www.designbyamy.net
Dirili
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Evelien » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:10 pm

SugarCorpse wrote:
Evelien wrote:Welcome! Anona is adorable, I hope you and your mom will come to an agreement!

Thank you =D and i hope so as well x.x i probably wont stop bugging her until she lets me spend some of the money on a doll x.x and Anona would only cost like $250 with shipping.... which isn't that much compared to other dolls plus her face is SO ADORABLE. My mom just agreed to talk about it more so there's some hope~!

Actually, Anona was the first BJD sculpt I encountered that I really liked. :) I liked her cheeky smile after seeing loads and loads of sad looking BJDs :)
European dealer for Captured in Glass doll eyes
Flickr | Ipernity
"I suspect Evelien doesn't go around wearing a little white lace hat and wooden shoes." -cirquemom
Evelien
Dr. Dollittle

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'