Go to footer

House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: House fire equals a doll? i think yes 8D

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Yanagi-sen wrote:
SugarCorpse wrote:oh wow. i pointed out how all my friends have babies or are pregnant and all i want is a doll and she said yes... i dont trust her though... she'll probably change her mind again @____@

Order quick! ^___^

Dirili wrote:Agreed! Order quick! hehe
Definitely don't let her force you into buying something that you don't want. That will just be a waste of time and money.

She gave me $280 to put in my account 8D $40 more than it says i need. which is nice =P i could probably get something alittle extra for he as a welcome home present~

i just gotta wait for pay pal to transfer the two tiny ammounts in and verify it then im ready to order =D

SO EXCITED <3 shes the first model i've fallen head over heels for x.x .... well second... one day i want to get a luts delf soony x____X
SugarCorpse
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Evelien wrote:
SugarCorpse wrote:
Evelien wrote:Welcome! Anona is adorable, I hope you and your mom will come to an agreement!

Thank you =D and i hope so as well x.x i probably wont stop bugging her until she lets me spend some of the money on a doll x.x and Anona would only cost like $250 with shipping.... which isn't that much compared to other dolls plus her face is SO ADORABLE. My mom just agreed to talk about it more so there's some hope~!

Actually, Anona was the first BJD sculpt I encountered that I really liked. :) I liked her cheeky smile after seeing loads and loads of sad looking BJDs :)

=O!!!! is she as awesome as she looks online? better? where'd you get her from?

i have like 200000 million questions now x_x|| but i probably shouldnt ask them all.

SO EXCITED TO ORDER HER. it said 3-6 business days for it to verify pay pal x.x
SugarCorpse

Postby zirconmermaid » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:42 pm

SugarCorpse wrote:
victoriavictrix wrote:I'm 62. I have...quite a lot of these dolls.

The Elves and the Anthros are my Elven Court, which doesn't have any particular storyline attached to them. The superheroes are from my book series, The Secret World Chronicles, and they act as my inspiration. Before I got into BJDs, I made porcelain dolls of the heroine of whatever book I was working on at the time, I kept some, and auctioned the rest for charity. I've made and auctioned BJDs for charity too; the first was for the Real World Hero auction and was a doll of the City of Heroes signature villain, Ghost Widow. The next will be for DragonCon to benefit one of Anne McCaffrey's charities and will be a doll of her character Acorna.

People use these dolls as models for costumes and clothing they hope to make at life size, they use them to practice sewing and art skills, photography skills, storytelling and writing.

Your mother should be pleased you are wanting to buy something that will last, and not spend it on a handbag or shoes that will be out of style next spring.

Oh wow! thats so awesome! I want to get into doll making one day too. It's really cool that you make them for charity. =D

and I wish my mom could understand that, I want one so i can sew clothes for her and make her things. Another one of the reasons she doesnt want me to get one is because their clothes cost as much as real clothes do.... but I told her that just means if i get good at making clothes for her that means i could sell clothes online. She thinks the whole idea is just plain ridiculous x___x

I pretty much know what i'd want to do for a living is making dolls or making doll clothing and items. The fact that she said i could have one and then changed her mind and decided to say i never could is more ridiculous then me wanting one i think =/

I am a professional "Doll Prototyper", which means I do get paid to design and create clothing for dolls! You are going to LOVE having one to make things for. Do you have a sewing machine? If not you can always start sewing by hand. You will get lots of creative support here!
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:44 pm

zirconmermaid wrote:
I am a professional "Doll Prototyper", which means I do get paid to design and create clothing for dolls! You are going to LOVE having one to make things for. Do you have a sewing machine? If not you can always start sewing by hand. You will get lots of creative support here!

Thats so awesome!!!! =D

We do have a sewing machine but we're not sure whats wrong with it. For some reason we cant use it and no one whos looked at it has been able to figure it out. 8D hopefully we lost it to smoke damage! it'd be awesome to get it replaced.

i have been sewing by hand since i was 8 though so i dont think making clothes will be a problem =3. i make hats and plushies and occasionally rag doll type dolls. I also used to make my own barbie clothes =D
SugarCorpse

Postby victoriavictrix » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:19 pm

If you make really good plushies, now that you have PayPal you can make and sell plushies on Ebay. I believe the age limit on ebay is 18. That will enable you to make more doll money on your own.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby richila » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:48 pm

Welcome to a group of amazingly creative people.
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:59 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:If you make really good plushies, now that you have PayPal you can make and sell plushies on Ebay. I believe the age limit on ebay is 18. That will enable you to make more doll money on your own.

i was going to do it on etsy =o and only put the amazing ones that could bring in big bucks on ebay. i like etsy a lot better personally while browsing for things so maybe people will find my stuff easier on there.
SugarCorpse

Postby SugarCorpse » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 pm

richila wrote:Welcome to a group of amazingly creative people.

thank you =D
SugarCorpse

Postby Lamia of the Dark » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:45 am

Welcome to the forum. I like your corpse-y name :)
I have so many dolls that I can't fit all their names in my signature anymore. @__@
Lamia of the Dark
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SugarCorpse » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Lamia of the Dark wrote:Welcome to the forum. I like your corpse-y name :)

thank you =D i like your name too =3
SugarCorpse

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'