Go to footer

Doh! Dollieh Mistakes and Regrets

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Doh! Dollieh Mistakes and Regrets

Postby Trethowan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Fyrsiel wrote:Sadly, one of my Dollieh-buy regrets was ordering an MNF Lishe with a "B" line body instead of an "A" line body. I didn't really understand what they meant and figured "B" was perhaps the more recent version of the body... Didn't realize that "A" meant "Action" and "B" meant "Beauty" so now my MNF Lishe can't lean forward to save her life because she doesn't have a movable upper torso. *sigh* I hate it when my dolls can't sit up on their own or when they can't lean forward. Hunched shoulders tend to look a little more natural in photos sometimes.

Alas, though, I love my MNF Lishe to pieces, and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sell her. _xD So... eh... welp.

Maybe you can find someone who wants to do a body swap. That would drive my nuts.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Fyrsiel » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Trethowan wrote:
Fyrsiel wrote:Sadly, one of my Dollieh-buy regrets was ordering an MNF Lishe with a "B" line body instead of an "A" line body. I didn't really understand what they meant and figured "B" was perhaps the more recent version of the body... Didn't realize that "A" meant "Action" and "B" meant "Beauty" so now my MNF Lishe can't lean forward to save her life because she doesn't have a movable upper torso. *sigh* I hate it when my dolls can't sit up on their own or when they can't lean forward. Hunched shoulders tend to look a little more natural in photos sometimes.

Alas, though, I love my MNF Lishe to pieces, and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sell her. _xD So... eh... welp.

Maybe you can find someone who wants to do a body swap. That would drive my nuts.

It does drive me nutters! Dx When any of me dolls are like that... In this case, though, I really like the string tension for this body, which has been enough reason for me to want to keep it. xD And along with that, it's been a couple of years, now, so I'd worry that there would be a slight resin mis-match by this point, too. I deal, I deal. If I really needed her to sit up, I could figure out what to do. But lawd, I wish I'd known that it was an A body I should have ordered for at the time. @__@;
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:56 am

Totally understand the A and B line body issues. My BW ShuShu elf has the old Beauty body and my other MNF girl (currently a Lishe head) has the NS Active line. While the B line body is beautiful, I'd lovelovelove to find a "beauty green" Active line body for her.

Oh, and I think I managed to keep myself from another regret - I decided to not sell my PKF Mio!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye

Postby Fyrsiel » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:32 am

'Aaaay, a dollieh saved! xD Congrats on keeping your PKF Mio! Sometimes selling a Dollieh is a decision that is worth sleeping on first...

Actually, now I remember another dollieh-buy regret. The body I have for SD Vincent right now is an Infiniti Doll SID body, which is spiffy and cool, but the hands... THE FRIGGIN' HANDS... they're so large and grabby and just... Dx Eeeeeeh. Not a fan of them. So I figured I'd order some hands from Dollzone! Because I love Dollzone's sculpts, they are amazing. I was fretting over whether I'd ordered the right size and then tried to pick out the right resin match. I ordered Normal Pink, thinking that when I looked at SD Vinnie, eeeeh yeah, he looks a little pink-ish. But when the hands finally got here, yo, they were not kidding. These hands are PINK....... It was then that I discovered that Vincent's Normal Skin resin complexion is yellow-based... The More You Know...
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:16 am

Fyrsiel wrote:'Aaaay, a dollieh saved! xD Congrats on keeping your PKF Mio! Sometimes selling a Dollieh is a decision that is worth sleeping on first...

Actually, now I remember another dollieh-buy regret. The body I have for SD Vincent right now is an Infiniti Doll SID body, which is spiffy and cool, but the hands... THE FRIGGIN' HANDS... they're so large and grabby and just... Dx Eeeeeeh. Not a fan of them. So I figured I'd order some hands from Dollzone! Because I love Dollzone's sculpts, they are amazing. I was fretting over whether I'd ordered the right size and then tried to pick out the right resin match. I ordered Normal Pink, thinking that when I looked at SD Vinnie, eeeeh yeah, he looks a little pink-ish. But when the hands finally got here, yo, they were not kidding. These hands are PINK....... It was then that I discovered that Vincent's Normal Skin resin complexion is yellow-based... The More You Know...

Trethowan

Postby Nimarkiva » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:44 pm

I had a big one just happen- all of the wigs I ordered but one are absolute flops. My favorite wig maker? Her wigs are gorgeous, and super well made. Problem is....she makes wigs that show the ears. I had forgotten this. So the wig I ordered for Chi from her doesn't cover his ears at all. I could sand them off, but he's a yellow skin doll and sanding really shows. Do not want at the side of his face.

Well, ok, I ordered a wig from another place for him when I thought hers was going to take two weeks to ship. This one covers his ears nicely, super thrilled. But it also is made to come down on his forehead when the ears aren't holding it up. Whoops. Learned something new there, elastic wigs over the ears will want to come down over the forehead depending on how they are made.

So, same company, I ordered Miles a new wig. He's so friggin' tiny, but hey, they have his size! Well, no, the wig that was in his size range is ridiculously small and doesn't fit at all. Double-fail.

Last but not least, the only wig that actually worked, the wig for my little girl Tuebo. Her wig not only works, but is super perfect for my little mop-top of a toddler. That is not a fail or a regret, that is a squee.

But the other wigs? About $45 worth of wigs, my big splurge for my dollieh crew? Yeah, those were fails of the most epic proportions and I am kicking myself for each of them.
Nimarkiva
i see dead dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'