Go to footer

Doh! Dollieh Mistakes and Regrets

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Doh! Dollieh Mistakes and Regrets

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:07 am

Had to add on another one since I was reminded of it. A diorama in particular the airdry clay tree with fabric leaves, flowers and a swing that I made for my 6inch SOTA Street Fighter action figure crew. It had half my stash of fancy kungfu sword letter openers inside its trunk (in a plastic bottle to weigh down the tree).

For some reason I just threw the whole thing away without any meaningful attempt to rescue said weaponry stash (I'm not that bright a spark, i know. Its fiction work material- swords stash in tree. I know). How was I to know that it would come in handy to attempt a Game of Thrones throne or Archer's Unlimited Blade Works 3-4 years down the line.

Full shot of said tree

Oh yeah and a nice peach color Barbie doll evening gown. I didn't realise I would come back to work with dolls much less bjds after that long a hiatus
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby takahirokumiko » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:40 pm

I regretted buying a 1/6 obitsu girl. I attempted to bond with her, but it just did not work at all. It's got to the point to where I hated her. I ended up gifting her to a friend who I know will enjoy her.
takahirokumiko
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Samseramsamsam » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:59 am

Currently, I "regret" having bought too many MH dolls... I snatched whatever was reasonably cheap with the intention of customizing - only to realize that apparently, I do not have the talent - still, it was fun while it lasted :mrgreen: .

Meanwhile was introduced to Obitsu and Neemos and currently love these much more than the Monster Highs ^^" (although I kinda "regret" finding out about these -> I could have saved money instead of already planning an impromptu doll house for a 1/12 scale Neemo I have not even yet in my hands...). It seems crazy to "boycott" the newer MH due to the price (crazy in Germany), but to invest even more in a doll without a head - or a just a head etc.

Generally, I tend to impulse buy too much too fast - it is kind of a hunting reflex which will leave me "empty" once I have gathered enough/too much. :oops:

While I will not throw anything away (YET), might end up storing my MH girls or selling some unwanted ones until I have the time again to get into customizing and/or admire my old favourites among the originals. (Will not store away the few lovely customs I bought, though; they will continue to suffer through modelling some knitting ;) )

All in all, I think once I have more time on my hands again, I will appreciate all my dolliehs more; yet currently with the moving etc., they (mostly the MHs) are only more luggage and things to find a place for :?
My mini knitting blog can be found at insomnimaniacs.wordpress.com

Wielding pointy objects only to create, not to harm... ];->
Samseramsamsam
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Alopecia No Hime » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:24 am

Biggest regret, having my grail doll ruined once by jerks and then having an epic fail every time I try to obtain it. Every.single.Time.
~*~Storm Uchiha~*~
Alopecia No Hime
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby richila » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:23 am

My biggest oops, buying an Iplehouse JID Benny, before I realized that I am a tiny person-the smaller the better. I wanted the tan DHS Piko the first time I saw it, but talked myself out of it for 2 years. (Richi is a tan DHS Piko.) :roll:
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby MitisFeles » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 am

I had misfortunes with shoes too! I currently have two pair of MSD shoes that doesn't fit well my crew, and the only good thing about this is that at least one of them was a gift.

I regret buying two set of 1/12 plastic furniture, even if they were quite cheap I didn't have anymore enough time and motivation to start the project I bought them for (making an house for my Obitsu 11 cm, Yukina) and so use them.
I also have a Barbie Camper bought for peanuts in a flea market I planned to repaint to have it look as a camper for a metal band tour, but now I don't have even the space for it... sigh.
MitisFeles
the walls have dolliehs

Postby VirgoVertigo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:26 pm

my big DOH is Nadine's wig. i bought it on eBay and for some reason did not think that i would have to style it. let me tell you something i learned from that. never EVER let me cut anything even remotely similar to hair. oh my god. she looks like Justin B. this would not bother me so much if doll wigs weren't quite so expensive and i could just buy a new one (disclaimer: i think doll wigs are expensive because i am legally not old enough to get a job without papers and struggle. $10 to me is like $1000 to most adults OTL ) ...
More Waifu Will Ruin Your Laifu

MLP Arena: PuddingPie
Instagram: @virgo_vertigo (check out my store, @vergo_vertigo_shop !)
VirgoVertigo
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Trethowan » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:09 pm

VirgoVertigo wrote:my big DOH is Nadine's wig. i bought it on eBay and for some reason did not think that i would have to style it. let me tell you something i learned from that. never EVER let me cut anything even remotely similar to hair. oh my god. she looks like Justin B. this would not bother me so much if doll wigs weren't quite so expensive and i could just buy a new one (disclaimer: i think doll wigs are expensive because i am legally not old enough to get a job without papers and struggle. $10 to me is like $1000 to most adults OTL ) ...

I've destroyed two wigs thinking "how hard could it be" and "I learned from the last one."

I learned nothing. NOTHING I SAY!
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:34 pm

I just realized, after buying a beautiful Juri head and Delf body that .... I didn't want another SD. :roll:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Fyrsiel » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Sadly, one of my Dollieh-buy regrets was ordering an MNF Lishe with a "B" line body instead of an "A" line body. I didn't really understand what they meant and figured "B" was perhaps the more recent version of the body... Didn't realize that "A" meant "Action" and "B" meant "Beauty" so now my MNF Lishe can't lean forward to save her life because she doesn't have a movable upper torso. *sigh* I hate it when my dolls can't sit up on their own or when they can't lean forward. Hunched shoulders tend to look a little more natural in photos sometimes.

Alas, though, I love my MNF Lishe to pieces, and I wouldn't be able to bring myself to sell her. _xD So... eh... welp.
Fyrsiel
i see dead dolliehs

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'