Go to footer

Questions on obitsu Modding and Size Comparisons

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Questions on obitsu Modding and Size Comparisons

Postby Kittywolf13 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Ok so i posted yesterday about wanting some size comparisons.... i think i now have a better idea of the dolls i want, but have a few semi related questions and one or so related to modding obitsu's.

first, I'd love a size comparison between, 40cm, 50cm and the 45 and 48. trying to decide on the middle size. (Side by side would be awesome) Originally i was going to go with the 60cm but i think its far too big for my idea. I thought i had a 40cm obitsu but turns out shes the original msd sized girl and more of a 48cm? she has the ball joints in the arms and hinges in the knees? (im trying to avoid just having to buy dolls to see what i want. LOL)

Is there a larger bust to go with the 50cm? i dont want omg huge but i want her to be more mature/older looking.

Does anyone have a side by side comparison of the Luna head, Mayfuku, and the default 50cm head? (added bonues with different eye sizes.)

Now modding... does anyone have any tips on modding Obitsu. One of my characters (the one going on the 50cm) is a wolf human... so she's supoused to be grey. I want peoples experience on painting/dyeing/ or body blushing. I have a 50cm body that is fairly stained so she would be a good test subject. so im curious to know what my options are.

Thanks in advance and im sorry if this has been asked a million times.
*Is currently addicted to large Obitsu's*
Want: Gretel, Sleeping Princess oe, Alice, and maybe the 55cm boy with the original head. XD
Kittywolf13
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Questions on obitsu Modding and Size Comparisons

Postby zirconmermaid » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:54 pm

You need to paint an Obitsu to change the color, dye will warp the parts. There are LOTS of chest options, pick your size! If you plan a grey doll, I might actually suggest a resin doll instead of vinyl, it will be a lot easier. And yes, you can put a vinyl head on a resin body. http://madhvinyl.com/Girls&Guys/MVBustChart01.jpg This is what the various chest sizes look like on a 50cm.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby K2! » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:22 am

Zirconmermaid is right on her observations. She is an experienced long time Obitsu owner. For dying, the vinyl parts do take dyes readily (no surprise there) but the hard plastic parts (visible at the joints) do not take dye as well and the heat of many dying processes can warp them. Great care should be taken if this is attempted. There are people who have dyed Obitsus to get darker skin tones, but dying is not recommended for those inexperienced with dyes. The whole process is tricky and vinyl parts from different batches can dye differently. Painting can render more predictable and controllable results. The plastic parts can be painted with acrylics but in the places where parts rub the paint will soon be scraped off.

As for bust parts the small, medium, and large Obitsu busts can be purchased directly from Obitsu (through a proxy) or from Parabox. The VMF50 and Angel Philia busts shown in the picture link can be purchased from angel Philia, again through a proxy.

http://www.obitsushop.com/
http://parabox.jp/eng_new/
http://quarantotto.biz/angelphilia/
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Kittywolf13 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:37 pm

Hmmm... thanks for the info guys. i dont mind mixing resin with vinyl but i havent found a resin doll i like, and worry about how cohesive they will all look if theres too much mix and match. I've chosen Obitsu, because the dolls match the most aesthetically to my art. all my attempts to shell with resin dolls have always failed. But perhaps i will rethink her character design. Maybe just use subtly blushing instead. (it would lessen the need for doing mods like claws and such.) Hmmm... thanks for the advice and info.
*Is currently addicted to large Obitsu's*
Want: Gretel, Sleeping Princess oe, Alice, and maybe the 55cm boy with the original head. XD
Kittywolf13
i see dead dolliehs

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:07 am

Would a grey body suit work, and then dye hands and head?
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'