Go to footer

What heads work well on liv doll bodies?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: What heads work well on liv doll bodies?

Postby magical-pudding » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:53 am

I'm afraid I don't have any pictures, but I've heard of people putting Pullip heads onto Liv bodies before! I'm not sure how well the skin tones would match, though.
magical-pudding
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby endlessnameless » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:19 am

Ever after high heads work pretty good, Though it looks a little strange at first
endlessnameless
i see dead dolliehs

Postby embyquinn » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:45 am

IgareldaGrimmenth wrote:
embyquinn wrote:At first I had Cherry on a Liv body. Her head is from a Moxie Teenz Melrose.

After that I had her on a Volks tan EB, but it was waaaay too floppy. Then I put her on a Fashionista body, and then...ahh, bliss, the M2M. YaY!

I love the look of moxie teenz dolls. I wish they were not discontinued.

You and me both.

I did forget to mention that putting a MT head on a Liv body takes a little modding. The "grape trick" works well, and you can also wrap the Liv neck connector with a rubber band, though that limits head motion.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby purple_monkfish » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:05 am

Late to this party, but all the heads, every head, any head you find. Oh yes.

Ahem.

on a serious note, i've rammed just about every sort of head onto a liv body. They were great bodies, I think teh Barbie MTM body has replaced them as that general all purpose "shove anything on it" sort of head (along with EAH bodies which are great for smaller heads or really cartoonish proportions) but I am rather fond of the Liv body because it's so chunky and solid to pose.

https://flic.kr/p/ru8EPX this is a repainted Bratz head on a liv body (next to a taller bratz body) and I rather like the proportions of the giant flat head with this kinda lanky body heh, makes her look super awkward and it makes me smile.

https://flic.kr/p/g7Mad6 A repro sindy head on a liv body too. Doesn't work for vintage Sindy sadly, as she has a giant ball joint neck but the repro British Airways ones have a regular barbie style neck heheh.

In general, if the head has a standard small hole that a hook thing goes into, they'll probably fit on a Liv body. Anything else involves a bit of creative thinking, but doesn't mean it's not doable.

Bratz, EAH, MH, Barbie and similar (I have a my scene girl somewhere on a liv body), random clones, disney dolls, hasbro dolls all seem to fit the liv body. Hybrids are fun, I highly recommend them.
purple_monkfish
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby DollyKim » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Check Deseret Industries thrift stores at opening time for Livs, I found 3 during one trip. They get better and more interesting doll selections than other stores.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby IgareldaGrimmenth » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 am

purple_monkfish wrote:Late to this party, but all the heads, every head, any head you find. Oh yes.

Ahem.

on a serious note, i've rammed just about every sort of head onto a liv body. They were great bodies, I think teh Barbie MTM body has replaced them as that general all purpose "shove anything on it" sort of head (along with EAH bodies which are great for smaller heads or really cartoonish proportions) but I am rather fond of the Liv body because it's so chunky and solid to pose.

https://flic.kr/p/ru8EPX this is a repainted Bratz head on a liv body (next to a taller bratz body) and I rather like the proportions of the giant flat head with this kinda lanky body heh, makes her look super awkward and it makes me smile.

https://flic.kr/p/g7Mad6 A repro sindy head on a liv body too. Doesn't work for vintage Sindy sadly, as she has a giant ball joint neck but the repro British Airways ones have a regular barbie style neck heheh.

In general, if the head has a standard small hole that a hook thing goes into, they'll probably fit on a Liv body. Anything else involves a bit of creative thinking, but doesn't mean it's not doable.

Bratz, EAH, MH, Barbie and similar (I have a my scene girl somewhere on a liv body), random clones, disney dolls, hasbro dolls all seem to fit the liv body. Hybrids are fun, I highly recommend them.

I one day intend on making a Harley Quinn doll using a liv body and a head from an Anna Frozen doll. There is just something about that big goofy smile that I think would be perfect for her.
IgareldaGrimmenth
i see dead dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'