Go to footer

Bermann/Saint re-release

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Bermann/Saint re-release

Postby arrowchild » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:12 pm

So...Dollshe did a thing
http://www.dollshecraft.com/will-recove ... man-saint/

Bermann has been my grail doll since I jumped into BJD 9 years ago. I freely admit, I'm kind of flailing right now XD
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Re: Bermann/Saint re-release

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm very happy for everyone getting the dolls they want, I even jumped on a sale too. But... I kind of wish he'd stop coming out with new dolls (Like Leonardo DiCaprio) and just finish the ones he still owes people. It's pretty frustrating. I'm on month 3 for my Hound (3 months is pretty typical for any company) but there are people that are still waiting and it's been over a year.

So as long as you aren't in any hurry to get a doll, then go right ahead. :roll: Ugh.

(There's a whole debate about the Bermann's being re-released. People are not happy! Personally, I don't care. I don't buy a doll because it's limited or whatever, I buy them because I like them.)

Sorry to butt into your thread like this... it's just something that's been on my mind for a while. I had to stop looking at the Dollshe thread on the other forum because it was upsetting. :cry:
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby purple_monkfish » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 am

I think it's cool they're doing two sizes as well, i'm all for rereleases. I know some people get a bit butthurt because their older thing isn't "so special" or something anymore but that's silly, your dolls are your dolls and you love them for that, not because they're rare.
This allows people who've wanted one for years a chance, and really sticks it to the recast market, who do a lucritive trade in producing affordable replicas of long discontinued lines.

I'd love to see the full bodies, it's all very speculative now but already of course the elitists are freaking out *sigh* "oh no, my old doll isn't so special and valuable any more" so what? Did you only love them for their "value" and not for the piece of art they are? Weiiiird. Don't understand that attitude at all.

I hope they can get these out relatively fast, sounds like a LOT of work and an expected shipping date of Jan/feb doesn't seem entirely realistic if they're going to create new body, hands and feet from scratch.
We'll see.

Still, cool to get a rerelease and in msd size as well, for those who haven't the space for the 70cm giants. I kinda wish more companies would make their sculpts in both scales, there's been so many sd sculpts i've been all "waaaant but too biiiig" heh
purple_monkfish
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Dark Angel

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:36 am

Thank you purple_monkfish, my thoughts exactly.

And I would love if companies and their sculpts in multiple sizes. Although, as far as looks go, the dollshe boys look older than a typical MSD. I wonder if he'll change them a little.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel

Postby Kd_Bunchanumbers » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:43 am

I was sort of floating around when Berman was first released, and I remember the kind of hoops Dollshe made customers do to even buy the doll like write essays, made people wait 1-2 years to even own one, the promise to NEVER resell them, sending people the wrong head and Dollshe destroying the heads he made people sent back to keep Berman rare, etc. I frankly didn't keep up with it but I remember how exclusive and painstaking it was even getting your hands on one from Dollshe and him promising to never rerelease the sculpt. I can see why some Berman owners would be... miffed if they had to go through all that with Dollshe and then him just doing this out of the blue lol.

But I do think it's a good thing he's trying to combat recasters by making this sculpt finally more freely available and people finally being able to own their dream doll.

It's just... Dollshe is just raising so many red flags with like the multiple "final sale", the year long production times, him using 3d tech when he used to badmouth it, etc. I'm just concerned we haven't even got a picture yet he's asking for preorders...
Kd_Bunchanumbers
the walls have dolliehs

Postby arrowchild » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:42 pm

Dealing with ordering from Dollshe definitely isn't a cake walk. I'm not keen on buying sight unseen, but I'm chancing it and am braced for the long-haul.

Also, I don't think it's fair to say that people who are hurt about Bermann being re-released are 'elitists.' After all, imagine if you had a grail doll that you saved up for years to get because it cost a couple thousand dollars on the secondary market. You finally bought it. And then it gets re-released for $500-ish dollars via the company who said it would never again release it. I can definitely understand why some people aren't happy.

That doesn't mean I didn't order my Bermann XD But I can empathize.
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:10 am

arrowchild wrote:That doesn't mean I didn't order my Bermann XD But I can empathize.

:lol: Same for my Hound.

I never knew people had to jump through such hoops to get one of his dolls! :o I guess I'd be kind of mad too. I suppose it's a little like SOOM's Monthly Dolls. How they were going to be special dolls that were limited to one month of sales. Then they came out with the basic sets... :roll: Had I known that, I wouldn't have bought the other. Oh well.
My Family:
Dark Angel

Postby purple_monkfish » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:58 am

Wow that sounds crazy with the hoop jumping, why on earth was it that hard?
The old days sound like chaotic mad times, i'm rather relieved I never got into BJDs back then, the community I found really offputting at the time (like 10+ years ago) so it's nice things are more inclusive now.

But mm, knowing that tidbit does rather make more sense that people are mad.
Still, great for everyone else.

The long wait times and general uncertainty of it all would be my concern, i'm sure people will get dolls eventually but wooo eee I couldn't do 1-2 year waits. I'd chew my feet off in impatience.
purple_monkfish
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'