Go to footer

A bit of help with sealants.

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

A bit of help with sealants.

Postby IgareldaGrimmenth » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:20 pm

I used testors dullcoat on my hujoo danas faceup and now it scratches at the slightest touch. Anything I can do to prevent this? Is there a different sealant I should use? It is bad enough I will need to do a new face up. Plus what should be used for gloss on lips?
IgareldaGrimmenth
i see dead dolliehs

Re: A bit of help with sealants.

Postby arrowchild » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:48 pm

I use MSC for face-ups. I used Testor's before a long time ago, but I didn't like the texture of it, though I never had a problem with it scratching. It could be that you applied it too thickly, maybe..?
For gloss, I use Liquitex gloss medium.
arrowchild
the walls have dolliehs

Re: A bit of help with sealants.

Postby IgareldaGrimmenth » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:26 pm

arrowchild wrote:I use MSC for face-ups. I used Testor's before a long time ago, but I didn't like the texture of it, though I never had a problem with it scratching. It could be that you applied it too thickly, maybe..?
For gloss, I use Liquitex gloss medium.

Eh not sure. I re did the faceup and sanded it first and that seems to have fixed the scratching problem though I will still have to redo her faceup again. Never again will I attempt doing a faceup under such poor lighting.
IgareldaGrimmenth
i see dead dolliehs

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'