Go to footer

EAH New Leaks!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

EAH New Leaks!

Postby Jobee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 am

A LOT of Ever After High dolls got leaked yesterday, and there's some stuff to be happy about, some stuff to be disappointed about, but overall it looks like the line has a healthy year ahead of it. There's a mix of budget and higher quality dolls to be released, and more "toddler" dolls were leaked too! The Back to School line seems to be split into half budget dolls, half fully articulated ones. Lots of shoes and accessories are being reused from past dolls. The budget Thronecoming line is a little cringe-worthy, but I think it would get a better reception as a budget line if they didn't associate it with the past Thronecoming line. Two of the toddler doll line were leaked at the end of last year, but not released yet, so I added their pics to the line for this year.

What do you guys think?
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: EAH New Leaks!

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:37 pm

I like the hair on the middle one in the Deluxe Back to School. So pretty.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Dark Angel wrote:I like the hair on the middle one in the Deluxe Back to School. So pretty.
That's Madeline Hatter, one of my favorite characters! She's the daughter of the Mad Hatter, and a total cutie!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby Qrinta » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:47 pm

I guess it is a good thing I have stemmed my EAH/MH collecting habit. XD Though I would be sorely tempted if they ever came out with more Hat-tastic dolls. The toddler dolls are pretty cute though.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Yeah... Ever After High doesn't produce the collectible quality and detail that they used to. I really believe that the change isn't solely to make them cheaper to produce, but also to make them more little kid friendly. They've done away with tiny rings and earrings that would be easily lost or maybe even eaten by small kids. I think that's the same reason that they're reducing the amount of articulation, just to make them more sturdy and durable for children. Even their books are now written for younger audiences. I have the first two of the Once Upon a Twist series and they're clearly children's books, not epic stories like they used to be.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby quidam » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:19 am

Thank you for posting! I had wondered why the line had disappeared off of the local shelves. I thought they had been completely discontinued! If they're revamping it makes sense.
I've wanted a Cerise Hood for awhile, but have been dragging my feet. Not too fond of the new look, so I'd better snag one of the older gals off of Amazon before they sell out!
I think I'll go with the First Chapter version. I like Hat-tastic too, but Prefer the more muted look of the original version.

The only EAH that lives at my house is a Kitty, I think the original version. I love her! She was a Christmas present a few years ago. Her hair is so amazingly soft!

I understand why they make lines like this more appropriate for the younger crowd,but it is still a bit disappointing.
The toddler line looks cute though!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Jobee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Yeah, Walmart has stopped carrying them altogether, and Toys R Us doesn't carry very much, but Target seems to still be a decent place to pick up EAH dolls, and Amazon.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'