Go to footer

iDye Poly + ABS = success(ish)

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

iDye Poly + ABS = success(ish)

Postby Vetinari » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Several months later... Finally had the weather/motivation to sit outside all afternoon with the dye bucket... The goblin hujoos have arrived to creepity creep creep alongside their fae-overlord:

Um... They didn't come out at all how I envisioned, however I love them.

The guy that looks blue in the photo is actually green. For some reason the camera just can't cope with this particular shade of bluey-green (I've got LPs that are a bright vivid green, but of the same palette, that photograph blue too).

Believe it or not the dye bath was two parts yellow to one part green by ratio! The girl that's turned out black was in a bath that was two parts orange, two parts yellow to one part green... No idea how I ended up with such an intense dark shade there, especially when the dye bath itself was the murky light greeny-brown I'd wanted.

Still, whilst face-ups may not be in these guys futures, since I'm not sure there'd be anything dark enough to make headway against the new colour of the plastic - they do look awesome next to the other mini hujoos:

(And that shade of black is making me rethink my stance on not picking up one of the giant hujoos - black cat head on a brown body would make an excellent fantasy version of Bast)
Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: iDye Poly + ABS = success(ish)

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:12 pm

It's too bad that they didn't come out the way you had intended. But I'm glad you like them anyway! :D The boy is a really neat color (at least in the photo since it doesn't show the true color). And a Bast would be awesome. :lol: You should go for it!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby maywong » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:40 pm

They look good to me.
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:08 am

The green guy works, like he's some sort of forest creature with bits of birds nest or something on it. A subtle black face-up might work, a little shading and toning.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Vetinari » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:47 pm

Ack sorry guys! Thanks for all of the compliments on these two - I'm really quite pleased with how they came out. Especially now that a couple of the other bjds in my larger group have conceded the fact that they are Sidhe in my strange cyberpunk setting... So the little dudes will have company.

Very kindly SetsunaKou retouched the photos to show the actual colours (thank you again!):

Crazy Mulitverse Crew: Drax, Jareth, Jerome, Elrana Milenkova, The Thin White Duke, Vasily Lupandin, Ramin Aiphos, Theta Sigma, Aiko Koyame, Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dr Nicholas Rush, Anon., Nyta Kinall, Otto Kreiner, That Demon, Sasu, Yaya, Ombre
...reshelling Szesil Markowski and Garan Idasson
Vetinari
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby ShortNCuddlyAm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:40 am

They look good.

Sidhe and cyberpunk sounds very Shadowrun-ish
Remember, the reverse of stressed is desserts.
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
ShortNCuddlyAm
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'