Go to footer

Aileen Doll Pico Plastic Model Kits

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Aileen Doll Pico Plastic Model Kits

Postby quidam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Kirahfaye wrote:Anyone willing to put together a group order? I'd love to get one for my daughter, but $27.00 for shipping is a bit much.

There is another shipping option, k-packet, that is cheaper, if you can't get a group together.
I ordered one before looking on here, or I would have joined a group! But, I just ordered it and a couple of eyes, and the other shipping option was about $7. That's certainly fair.

But, then, I've never used k-packet shipping before. Hopefully it turns out okay. It looks like it takes longer than ems. Praying it wasn't a mistake to try it!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:21 pm

I might be interested in a GO if/when Ashes is available.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby quidam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 am

Question for those who have ordered from Aileen Dolls before: is the 40-60 days before shipment a fairly accurate estimate?

I was surprised it said it would be that long as it is a do-it-yourself type of thing. But maybe they're not physically on hand yet.
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:11 am

40-60 days is pretty standard for the resin dolls but I'm not sure with the plastic kits. It's possible it is the same but more likely they just copy pasted and haven't updated the page to match the actual contents. It's hard to say really. =/
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:34 am

It could depend on the package size, non EMS stuff is fit in where ever they have room and smaller stuff arrives faster. All the ReMent I used to order from Asia was non EMS and it averaged a month or so.

I'm half interested but I'd prefer a more neutral color.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby quidam » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:18 am

It's not a big deal if it takes awhile to get here. It's just that I have a vacation week off mid-October, and I was kind of hoping he would arrive in time. The weather should still be nice enough then to give him a little paint.

I've never painted on ABS before. I assume it's basically the same sort of techniques as resin?

No matter what, I'm kind of excited about him! I've loved those little dragons for awhile now, and the $12 is way to hard to resist.
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:06 pm

quidam wrote:It's not a big deal if it takes awhile to get here. It's just that I have a vacation week off mid-October, and I was kind of hoping he would arrive in time. The weather should still be nice enough then to give him a little paint.

I've never painted on ABS before. I assume it's basically the same sort of techniques as resin?

No matter what, I'm kind of excited about him! I've loved those little dragons for awhile now, and the $12 is way to hard to resist.

I just saw on Facebook that they posted a couple of tips for painting your own. It's pretty much the same as resin and vinyl, seal it with MSC and then do NOT use oil based paints. A little alcohol on a magic eraser to clean them.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby quidam » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Thanks for the info, dark angel!

I've decided that if he's not here in time for my vacation, maybe I will spend some time fixing up a house for him. I have a fancy box that I was planning on fixing up for a real puki, but it may be some time before that one comes home. I suppose they can share a house. What better roommate for a miniature dragon than an elf!
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby quidam » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:24 pm

My little dragon kit has arrived! Yay!

The directions look simple. It doesn't look like it will take too long to snap him together, once he's punched out and painted. He's already adorable, even unbuilt!

Now comes the hard part: being patient. I want to save him one more week, for my vacation. I can spend some time planning the paint job and thinking up names.
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:06 am

Looks like Ashes will be available in December.
How would a group order work if I were to set one up? I've never done that before but seeing as I am now a Gold member at Aileen doll...

Also, they now have a European warehouse and will have a separate website for customers in Europe which should go live sometime soon. ^_^
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'