Go to footer

Aileen Doll Pico Plastic Model Kits

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Aileen Doll Pico Plastic Model Kits

Postby Qrinta » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:25 pm

I have the same problem. Or more I'm terrified of attempting to paint them on my own. XD My hands are super shaky.
Yes, Resin Pico Shy and a re-release of Resin Pico Rot are releasing sometime soonish. XD No set date yet. I need Shy to round out my dragon's mini-me s
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Meru » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:06 am

Looks like release dates went up, July 14th for Shy & Rot!

Oooh I hear you on the shaky hands bit. Another reason I'm scared to try painting. Such little details...
Meru
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Qrinta » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 am

Sweet! Though that may be interesting as I'll be travelling that day. XD Luckily they usually do time limited runs instead of item quantity limited runs.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby LauraJ » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm

I have five of them now (two original purples, one grey Ash, one white Ash and a pink Rot), and I want to paint them, but keep getting distracted by "other things..."
Keep the Torches Burning...It makes the scarecrow REAL nervous.
LauraJ
dolliehs are watching me O.O;

Postby Qrinta » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:29 pm

Paint them! We need all the dragon spam. Haha.
Qrinta's Cantankery

Qrinta

Postby Meru » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:31 am

Looks like purple Violet plamdoel was restocked and now has an updated design. Changes to the wings & mouth, and a different colour for the horns. FYI :)

Question, if I wanted to paint these little guys, does anyone have a guide or tutorial? I know nothing about painting models but I'm kinda wanting to give it a try now.
Meru
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby Qrinta » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:09 am

I found a couple tutorials on youtube if that helps. XD

https://youtu.be/nAAinXtpaEA

https://youtu.be/p4edY6MSSLk

This is just what Aileendoll has on their website.

Can I paint my PlaPico?

You can paint your PlaPico if you wish (painting tools and supplies are not provided). Here are some tips from BJD and Plastic Model Experts on how to paint ABS Plastic Models:

For sealing you can use Mr Super Clear (MSC) or Citadel (DO NOT use Americana or Maiko). You must seal before and after paint.
We recommend water based paint (DO NOT use oil based paint).
For removing paint use rubbing alcohol (DO NOT use thinner).
You can use a "magic eraser" with alcohol to help removing paint.
After removing paint, clean with soap before giving make up again.
Qrinta's Cantankery

Qrinta

Postby Meru » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:49 am

Oh no MSC... I forgot you need that stuff to paint figures :oops: You have to spray it outside right since it is toxic? I live in an apartment so I can't leave the figures to dry outside. Shoot!
Meru
Dolliehs? WHERE???

Postby oniakki » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:52 am

Meru wrote:Oh no MSC... I forgot you need that stuff to paint figures :oops: You have to spray it outside right since it is toxic? I live in an apartment so I can't leave the figures to dry outside. Shoot!

Depends a lot on your sensitivity, I spray outside then keep them inside to dry. (in the bathroom with vent on keeps fumes to a minimum at my place) Then again, I've regularly sprayed inside with a painting booth (either set up in the bathroom using the built in vent or at the table with a fan in the window when the weather wasn't conductive to painting. As usual with any spray type chemicals having a micro particle mask is highly suggested.

You could also make an event of it, outside to spray, then while they're drying shoot other dolls enjoying outside activities.
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Meru » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:11 pm

oniakki wrote:
Meru wrote:Oh no MSC... I forgot you need that stuff to paint figures :oops: You have to spray it outside right since it is toxic? I live in an apartment so I can't leave the figures to dry outside. Shoot!

Depends a lot on your sensitivity, I spray outside then keep them inside to dry. (in the bathroom with vent on keeps fumes to a minimum at my place) Then again, I've regularly sprayed inside with a painting booth (either set up in the bathroom using the built in vent or at the table with a fan in the window when the weather wasn't conductive to painting. As usual with any spray type chemicals having a micro particle mask is highly suggested.

You could also make an event of it, outside to spray, then while they're drying shoot other dolls enjoying outside activities.

Old building, no fans or proper ventilation in any of the rooms :cry: I've had lung collapses so I need to be careful. Guess I could place the box fan in the bathroom window sucking out the bad air, combined with a mask. I read about brush on sealants- maybe that would be a better solution? I like the idea of making a day out of it!
Meru
Dolliehs? WHERE???

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'