Go to footer

create your own American Girl

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

create your own American Girl

Postby quidam » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:41 pm

I don't know if anyone her would be interested, but American Girl has started a "create your own" line of dolls. It seems like a good idea for the business. People love to customize.
They have a lot of different options to choose from, which is nice. You can even give them two different colored eyes, plus there are lots of hair options. There are currently 5 different face molds.
They're a little pricey at $200 , but that also includes a bunch of extras plus free shipping. I wish they'd let you skip some of the extras, such as the magazine subscription, for a bit of a lower price.

But, if nothing else, it is a bit fun to play with the creator!
Caretaker of the Axelsen household: Aria, Annica, Aubrey, Azalea, Asher, Amelia, Alantril, Arivan, and Angora
quidam
the walls have dolliehs

Re: create your own American Girl

Postby Qrinta » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:51 pm

That is pretty cool!
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: create your own American Girl

Postby Stormlight » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 am

Actually, AG has been doing that for quite awhile. At least, they used to at one point. I remember years back (like 20 years at least) they offered customized girls. They even came with blank books so you could write your own stories for her. I was seriously tempted to buy one, but I didn't have that kind of money back then to blow. lol
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'