Go to footer

What's Your Grail Doll or Doll Related Item?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

What's Your Grail Doll or Doll Related Item?

Postby Kattriella » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:56 pm

I searched around, and didn't find a thread dedicated to this topic (sorry if I missed it), but I'm curious. We all have our Holy Grail dolls, those dolls we want more than anything, but are so illusive . . . I want to k ow what your grail doll is? Or dolls. Some of us have a list . . .

It doesn't matter what size or scale. Doesn't matter if it's clothes, shoes, a dollhouse, accessories, whatever. I want to know what's on peoples wishlists! (Mostly because I'm nosey like that.)

Mine is the neighbors from the Happy Family line by Mattel. There was a dad, mom, baby, and a Kelly sized girl. The Kelly sized doll was only released in a set with them, I believe. The full set is nearly impossible to find, and I never seem to have the finds when I find them. Someday, though, I hope to own them . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: What's Your Grail Doll or Doll Related Item?

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:05 pm

I've actually just recently acquired my grail doll. A Dollshe Hound. I've wanted one since 2006 and finally purchased one! He arrived in February of this year. And now that I have him.... I have no clue what to do with him! :lol: Go figure. But I'm still ecstatic to have him with me, even if he is just standing in my doll cabinet, headless, faceupless, no name and no character. At least he has clothes?!
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Qrinta » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 pm

My grail dolls would be an Iplehouse Carina and Chase I love their sculpts but EID is just too large. I prefer 1/4 scale or smaller so I'm hoping they eventually make those sculpts for the new FID line.

Grail item would be a throne-like chair for Kat. And a fancy white suit.
Last edited by Qrinta on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:02 am

Fortunately, I have my two grail dolls - a 2005 SD Lishe Elf and a 2008 (I think - I need to look that up) MNF ShuShu Elf. I told my husband I want to be buried with my Lishe elf. LOL!

One doll that I'd love to have, but almost certainly will never get because she rarely comes on the market and she's freaking expensive when she does is a shell pink Kaye Wiggs Laryssa Faun with hooves. Dreamy!
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 am

Iplehouse Dexter was promoted from minor to major grail. I fallen in like with his special and normal edtion, on account of their passing likeness to Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid and what I thought Thomas Raith(Faceup A) from Dresden files would look like respectively. He dethroned my major want-this grail doll during box opening when I saw the passing resemblance to even more characters(good and bad guys) from games and animes I liked, staring back at me.

Jack took pretty well to cosplaying and made it very difficult for me to get more male dolls his size. I'm also very pleased that Iplehouse came out with a FID size version of him, since I'm saving up to get him in portable size and the skintone I wanted the first time round.

As for item. It would have to be the 1/6 Mook Jung (wooden martial arts dummy) of which I have two. I grew up on kungfu movies and would love to get more(especially revolving versions) to build the Gauntlet run of Doomity Doom Doom Doom) for the sake of geeking out.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Stormlight » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Dollmore Trinity Klaire. I'd wanted the Creme Voler version but of course that fullset sold out, so now I'd love either the Revolution or Myself Agape set. And I still hope to someday get my hands on the Creme Voler clothing set. And the Schlierenist Lumie clothing set, while I'm at it. One can dream! :lol:

Another grail is the Luts Delf Shiwoo elf. But I rarely ever see him pop up on the market and when I do he's priced way beyond what I'm willing to pay, so... not counting on getting my hands on him anytime soon. :cry:
Stormlight

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'