Go to footer

Heat Treating a wig for bugs

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Heat Treating a wig for bugs

Postby Kattriella » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:18 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:
Kattriella wrote:They're usually only a couple of dollars, and well worth the money. I was trying to wash a dozen or so pairs of tiny jeans I'd just bought secondhand because 1.) I always wash my secondhand stuff, and 2.) They smelled . . . odd. And they didn't FEEL clean. After over an hour, the water was filthy and they still didn't feel clean. So the next day I bought a lingerie bag from work, then tossed them in with my own jeans on laundry day. Now they smell like Gain, and feel so nice because they also got a dose of fabric softener in the wash. :3

Lol~~~ It never occurred to me to get lingerie bag, it was always two or three pieces of tiny outfits that needed washing from time to time. Now I know how to solve at least one problem.

I understand about needing to wash secondhand clothes another time. Some of my first hand stuff were unused but they ended up yellowing and I had to wash those as well.

If I wash doll clothes, I usually do a lot of them at once, just to freshen up the things I use a lot. Super delicate stuff, like lacey tops or some vintage stuff, I would never put in the washer, but jeans and shirts go right into the bag and then into the swirling vortex of terror. Makes life so much easier.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Heat Treating a wig for bugs

Postby richila » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:44 pm

I use lingerie bags all of the time for my stuff and never thought about them for doll stuff. :oops:
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'