Go to footer

Cheaper smart doll

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Cheaper smart doll

Postby Lovelyfashiondoll180 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:37 pm

You know the smart dolls by danny choo? Does anyone know a cheaper alternative
Last edited by Lovelyfashiondoll180 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lovelyfashiondoll180
i see dead dolliehs

Re: Cheaper smart doll

Postby K2! » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:25 pm

Danny is currently working on an injection molded version called Cortex, which is expected to have a lower price than the current vinyl Smart Doll. The initial cost of injection molding is much higher than vinyl, but the per unit cost once production starts is much lower as it eliminates much of the done by hand production. Having these dolls partially assembled by the user will also lower production costs.
https://www.facebook.com/dannychoodotco ... 80/?type=3
https://twitter.com/dannychoo/status/958650420703854592
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Dark Angel » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 am

Obitsu is vinyl like Smart Dolls and quite a bit less expensive.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby zirconmermaid » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:38 pm

Hazel is an Obitsu 60cm, and Obitsu 50cm dolls are incredibly posable. I recommend them highly. Junkyspot has the Obitsu 50cm for $199.99, and a Haruka head is $18.50. This is smaller than Smart Doll, but very similar. See MADh Vinyl for lots of examples.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby DollyKim » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 am

I also recommend a big Obitsu. They last a long time too. It's not polite to tell Hazel's age but mine is from 2006.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:14 am

If you are aiming for the Anime look, go Parabox or Azone(via Hobby Search and Hobby Link).

Azone on their part is playing around with the idea of changable eyes and wigs, you'll have to research a bit as to which one since I vaguely remember less than five. Everybody else is usually rooted hair and painted eyes.

While Parabox has a range of Anime and realistic heads. Both companies uses the Obitsu bodies.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Lovelyfashiondoll180 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:48 pm

K2! wrote:Danny is currently working on an injection molded version called Cortex, which is expected to have a lower price than the current vinyl Smart Doll. The initial cost of injection molding is much higher than vinyl, but the per unit cost once production starts is much lower as it eliminates much of the done by hand production. Having these dolls partially assembled by the user will also lower production costs.
https://www.facebook.com/dannychoodotco ... 80/?type=3
https://twitter.com/dannychoo/status/958650420703854592
How big are the cortex dolls?
Lovelyfashiondoll180
i see dead dolliehs

Postby Dark Angel » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Same size as the regular Smart Dolls, I believe.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby K2! » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Dark Angel wrote:Same size as the regular Smart Dolls, I believe.

Yes, same size. They will use the same internal components and can use the same wigs, eyes, and clothes as the regular vinyl Smart Doll. Danny has said they will be available in all three skin tones.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby Lovelyfashiondoll180 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:46 am

How much is their price though . :)
Lovelyfashiondoll180
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'