Go to footer

MiroDoll Controversy

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: MiroDoll Controversy

Postby TasiaChiba » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Sorry for the late response. We had a bit of a hospital scare with my Dad and I kept thinking I could respond when I got home, but was pretty exhausted.

You are more than welcome to send the photo to any of the mods! Whether it works for or against, I have always been a huge supporter of information! ^___^ Also! I went back to my folder of photos for that meetup and low and behold... I discovered I had one more photo of the comparison! Forgot I had taken it. I remembered taking quite a few of the top down photo, so thought that's all I had. The second photo was to show off how different the back bend was, and be a more close-up comparison of the torsos.

Also, if they would happen to need more close-ups of the Miro body, I am more than happy to supply them. ^_^
http://eof.cloverpetals.com/images/dolliehsignature.png
Tasia@DA // Ends of Fate (BJD Site) // ResinAngel@DA (BJD)
Jacera (DM Lilis Liv) | Bríean (CP Shiwoo Vampire) | Inathe (Unoa Lusis) | Graeme (DS Saint) +moar~
TasiaChiba
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Dark Angel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:42 pm

Yay another pic!

I can see similarities, but it doesn't look like an outright copy to me. As mentioned before, the Resinsoul body looks more like the DT one. (Imo)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:18 am

Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby victoriavictrix » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:36 pm

Sent the pictures, and since the mod I know is a reasonable person I did not mince words with her. I believe I dropped the f-bomb a couple of times with regards to DOA mods having their heads up places on their anatomies.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:08 am

victoriavictrix wrote:Sent the pictures, and since the mod I know is a reasonable person I did not mince words with her. I believe I dropped the f-bomb a couple of times with regards to DOA mods having their heads up places on their anatomies.

You know, that's why we love you, Misty..... :lol:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby TasiaChiba » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:45 am

victoriavictrix wrote:Sent the pictures, and since the mod I know is a reasonable person I did not mince words with her. I believe I dropped the f-bomb a couple of times with regards to DOA mods having their heads up places on their anatomies.

lolololol! That's actually pretty awesome~ ^_~ Thank you, thank you!! Here's hoping things turn out for the best!!! ^____^
http://eof.cloverpetals.com/images/dolliehsignature.png
Tasia@DA // Ends of Fate (BJD Site) // ResinAngel@DA (BJD)
Jacera (DM Lilis Liv) | Bríean (CP Shiwoo Vampire) | Inathe (Unoa Lusis) | Graeme (DS Saint) +moar~
TasiaChiba
my dollieh is a goooood dollieh

Postby Kattriella » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:59 am

Sadly, things like this are the reason I packed my dolls away and left this hobby . . . Too much going on. Now I'm a 1:6 scale collector. Much less drama.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Dark Angel » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Thank you, Misty!!! I really hope those photos get them thinking again. And maybe they'll lift their ban on the 70cm body. (The 40cm I totally understand, it doesn't even look like a Mirodoll doll. Completely not their style)
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Yea, I can see the 40 cm doll. Their MSD dolls have traditionally been really small MSDs, not like this one. But there's just no way the 70 cm is a copy, not with that backbend in the DT. The belly-button isn't even in the same place!
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:34 am

And yet, didn't Mirodoll already respond with "We're sorry, it was a mistake, it won't happen again" and pull the body? If they DIDN'T copy and modify this body, then why did they apologize and pull it rather than try harder to defend themselves? Post their own detailed comparison pics, ect?

Also, it wasn't JUST two bodies. There were other bodies mentioned, not just those two. An Iplehouse KID body was one of them, I recall being mentioned (or it might have been the BID body. Or both. I'd have to reread the thread). But it was because of the 40cm body AND the K/BID body that the mods started taking harder looks at the others that had been under suspicion.

Look, I'm not saying the mods were right to ban Mirodoll entirely or that they were wrong. But I think they did what they thought best in order to keep within the guidelines of the forum. If Mirodoll DID copy and modify three or four bodies, then the mods definitely had the right to ban them. I'm sure they didn't take it lightly, either, despite people's opinions. It CAN'T be easy to run a forum that huge. I know I sure wouldn't want to do it! It'd be like a full-time job trying to wrangle that circus into some semblance of order, and you don't even get PAID for it. More power to them, I say!

You don't have to agree with their decision, that's fine. But, friends or not, I think emailing them and dropping F-bombs and telling them their heads are up their asses wasn't the most ... I dunno ... mature or professional way that could have been handled? :roll:

Okay, my opinion might be unpopular but, there it is. *shrugs* I'd rather not see any sort of a witch hunt starting up on this forum. There are more than enough of those that go on over at DOA.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'