Go to footer

Minor Dollieh Emergency (Please Help!)

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Minor Dollieh Emergency (Please Help!)

Postby Kattriella » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:23 pm

Sooooooooooo . . . Months back, when I first removed the head from one of my Integrity Toys dolls, I very stupidly did NOT wait for his head to soften in hot water long enough to remove it easily. I didn't understand how the heads and neck pegs worked, and, well . . . Now there's a huge chunk of the rim of his inner neck opening missing. I didn't realize how bad it was until I finally reunited head and body this morning after finally rerooting him, but his head doesn't stay on well. It stays, but not for very long. Does anybody have any recommendations for what I can do so he stops traumatizing the other dolls in the dollhouse when his head randomly falls off. I've heard some people have found that gluing a piece of craft foam to the neck peg can help? His neck peg and body are fine, it's just his head thats damaged.

Somebody help me, and Shailoh . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Minor Dollieh Emergency (Please Help!)

Postby maywong » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:09 pm

You can try the grape method or repair it using Surge. Do you have a pic of the damage?
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Re: Minor Dollieh Emergency (Please Help!)

Postby Kattriella » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:32 pm

maywong wrote:You can try the grape method or repair it using Surge. Do you have a pic of the damage?

I managed to glue a piece of craft foam to his neck peg that's bigger than the hole, so it's sort of functioning like the prongs on other doll neck pegs. It's working for now, but I'm not sure if it's a long term fix. At least this way the foam is soft enough that if I have to remove his head again, the foam will give and not his neck this time. I don't want to take it off again unless I have to, though, but I've also contemplated using thin bits of foam and super glue to rebuild the missing bits of the neck rim if I need to.

I don't know what the grape method or Surge are. Now I must do research. O3O
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'