Go to footer

Random doll thoughts

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Random doll thoughts

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:47 am

For those random doll related thoughts that people in the hobby can totally relate to.

Can I find or make a banana costume for my doll?
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Random doll thoughts

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:01 pm

:? I am constantly thinking about selling my dolls and leaving the hobby. But at the same time, I'm looking at all these dolls and thinking "I want him/her SO much!"

It's a constant struggle. :roll: I know that I'm just bumming because I'm feeling really poor at the moment because of vet bills. And I feel like I never get to play with my dolls anymore, again, because of the pup. But I know it will get better at some point. Also, hopefully moving to a new house will be in my future where I'll have more room and better lighting so that I can start making spaces for my dolls to "live in", and then start up my photostories again. I miss doing those.
My Family:
Angel, Madison, Morgan, Dog, Egyp, Zurui, Willow, Pandora, Meadow, Camille, Sazuki, Eros, Knox, Mishell, Kirin, Chili, Jack, Carmen, Levi, Dimitri, Sun Wukong, Jezzebelle, Ellie, Ayato, Adrian, Lulu, Dagon, Nick
Dark Angel
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:37 pm

I worry about how expensive some outfits can be and how I don't have enough money for outfits of some characters. And then I remember I can mix and match my basic line of clothes(Dolls end up being good at this) to get an alternate of form of a character if not a different character. Al this because I'm easily influence by season or media. If I get desperate enough, I'll sew.
I sometimes forget that I'm not competing with anyone unless limited time for location usage and seasonal event counts

I still need get if not learn to sew more basic line mix and match clothes.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:12 am

I can tell you the real life will pass and doll stuff will return ~shakes fist at last few years~

I'm at the making myself remember why I got started for fun reasons stage with more financial experience. FOr me, not the dolls :P
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Janeway » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:55 pm

I keep thinking of how l can crochet/knit cool things for the MSD size obitus.
Janeway
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:22 pm

Am wondering if Jack and Helen are aiming to cosplay couples or it just happen that the couple type characters have easier civilian gear to cosplay with.
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:11 am

"I should really make you boys some pants . . ."

I think this almost every day. The girls have several POUNDS of clothes, but the guys are literally passing around one pair of pants and an ill fitting pair of shorts, and I'm not even sure where the shorts went.
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:51 am

Where are the average bodied 25cm guys at? Need at least one that's neither anemic nor ripped.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby davidd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:48 am

Who can I sell so I can afford my sudden new want-need-desire-obsession?
:? And how do I avoid feeling guilty when their beady little plastic eyes stare up at me, asking, "Why don't you love me anymore?"
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:51 am

I have to seal up my dolls for renovation. I don't know if the whole, "Sew us this" mental blueprints being wave around in my head is a case of withdrawal symptoms or a doll's attempt at trying to avoid being sealed The one that's staying in shoebag might be the only one to travel with me during the three week period. And already all I could think about is using my day off to fabric hunt. :roll:
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'