Go to footer

Thank your doll muse/enabler

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Thank your doll muse/enabler

Postby DollyKim » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:09 am

At first I had a Volks Dollfie Plus and Neo Goh couple that didn't even have names or face ups. Custom and OOAK dolls weren't much of a thought. I only sewed clothes for them because they didn't fit Barbie and Ken clothes. Then came the spark that got me looking for a specific body, having to figure out how to do face ups, and sew better which lead to learning how to draft patterns.

Louis my Volks EB N

Based on Prince Louis from the Young Blades TV show

Within a couple years of Louis I was getting more 1/6, an Obitsu 60, and my first resin a Dollzone 45. Now I'm making heads and trying my best to make jointed dolls.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: Thank your doll muse/enabler

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:41 pm

All I wanted was a Mamachapp Chun Li to be my 1/6 action figure Ryu's companion. I didn't expect a somewhat epic quest that that end up with just a amateurish custom made Obitsu Chun Li. I didn't expect to like her that much, nor did I expect her to restart the whole "Return of the Dolls with Hair" since Barbie got exiled years back. She took on her duties to the point that other dolls show up and eventually big dolls happened. I didn't expect the doll hobby to be so big and all consuming for me.

Thanks Mother of Dolls.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'