Go to footer

Does Anybody Else Have "The Box"?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Does Anybody Else Have "The Box"?

Postby Kattriella » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm

You know, the box where all the "extra" dolls go? The box where the dolls who got mugged for their clothes, or who have minimal articulation, or who are the Frankensteined together leftover parts of other dolls after a head/body swap, or who just aren't part of "the main group" go? I can't be the only one who has "the box", right? I want to heard about what's in "the box" for other collectors/customizers, and if they have a purpose in your doll world. For me, it's a lot of naked Barbie Fashionistas. Like, A LOT of them (they all got mugged by the other girls and had their clothes/accessories stolen), most of which don't have names or stories, and are just used for background characters in city/crowd shots.

(Note: This is not the same is the "extra parts bin" where lose heads and headless bodies go.)
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Does Anybody Else Have "The Box"?

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:06 pm

I'm not sure if it counts as The Box. Jack's first generation Iplehouse body has been sealed in his box. Nothing wrong with him at all. I'm just using his 2nd gen body on the intention that if I need another male doll his size to shoot opposite, he would have to pilot two shells at the same time. I'm not keen on selling that body or head since that's my first resin and that he mellowed to a nice creamy color.

If we're talking about purposeless dolls then 1/6 guys like Medicom Chun Li, Snake and Terry Bogard and a number of 1/8 and below action figures are bagged up and sealed in a plastic tub. I don't know what to do with older well loved toys who have retired but aren't the core 1/6 crew (them in display cupboard awaiting more diorama)
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Kattriella » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Iwa_Hoshi wrote:I'm not sure if it counts as The Box. Jack's first generation Iplehouse body has been sealed in his box. Nothing wrong with him at all. I'm just using his 2nd gen body on the intention that if I need another male doll his size to shoot opposite, he would have to pilot two shells at the same time. I'm not keen on selling that body or head since that's my first resin and that he mellowed to a nice creamy color.

If we're talking about purposeless dolls then 1/6 guys like Medicom Chun Li, Snake and Terry Bogard and a number of 1/8 and below action figures are bagged up and sealed in a plastic tub. I don't know what to do with older well loved toys who have retired but aren't the core 1/6 crew (them in display cupboard awaiting more diorama)

I packed both over my bigger boys away so long ago I don't even know what color they probably are now . . . I have a feeling the tan skinned one is probably not fairing well. I've heard they turn green with age. I had to put them away when the kittens were born because, you know, kittens, and now they just stay packed away sleeping because the kitten we kept has turned into a cat who tries to eat little resin fingers. (I don't even remember what models they were, just that I named them Nova and Alex. They never even had a chance to get real clothes before the cats came along.)
Kattriella

Postby zirconmermaid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:20 pm

The box? Nope, try boxes.
It's all about Hazel!

"Space.... the Vinyl Frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Obitsurprise. Her 1/3rd scale mission: To seek out new plotlines, to explore the Whole Apartment - To Ball-Jointedly go where no doll has gone before!" -- Swan

Avatar by Meredith Dillman, http://www.meredithdillman.com
zirconmermaid
It's all about Hazel

Postby Kattriella » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:56 am

zirconmermaid wrote:The box? Nope, try boxes.

Oh good, so I'm not the only one who this happened to . . .
Kattriella

Postby maywong » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:50 am

I have a box of 1/6 body parts. LOL
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:39 am

The group who lives in the dollhouse are in the small container on the left hand side under the red phone booth. I used to have a couple of sizable over the door Barbie holders but when one of the straps broke that was the last of them. An unknown number are in the bins behind the tubs.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:09 pm

DollyKim wrote:Image

The group who lives in the dollhouse are in the small container on the left hand side under the red phone booth. I used to have a couple of sizable over the door Barbie holders but when one of the straps broke that was the last of them. An unknown number are in the bins behind the tubs.

That is hauntingly similar to what my room looks like. QuQ Why are we like this?
Kattriella

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I only have one room to live in/keep my things safe from... The dimensional vortex that likes to take my stuff. And the brain injury makes organization difficult. But I got as far as all the doll stuff generally in the same area.

And the stack with the green tub is empty.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Den » Sun May 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Mine are kind of... all over my craft table.
Den
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'