Go to footer

Six armed doll body!!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Six armed doll body!!

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:46 am

All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Re: Six armed doll body!!

Postby DollyKim » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:47 am

It's one of the knock-offs of Monster High molds going around, the original doll is a spider. So I don't know what to think. If someone does buy one I would like a doll hobbiest review.

The complaints are of general cheapness, colors not matching, and lower legs being rubbery but people have been buying them.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby davidd » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:19 am

It's sad that Amazon is offering knock-off, counterfeit, bootleg items like this. I would expect to see something like this on eBay, but not on Amazon. This leaves me distrusting the legitimacy of any items offered on Amazon.

I see that the "recommended items" suggestions include a counterfeit Monster High head, as well.

:?
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:49 pm

I don't know anything about Monster High dolls, so I had no idea this was a knock-off. All I saw was a weird doll body.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:06 pm

I’ve seen resin recasts being offered on amazon, so this doesn’t surprise me. I think it was Fairyland minifee recasts being sold.

If I recall, the six-armed doll was a San Diego Comic Con exclusive spider superhero girl. The legit version sells for several hundred dollars now.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby DollyKim » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:50 am

It's okay not to know Monsters, you either got sucked in or you didn't. The toons and novels are ... But whomever was writing the booklets put in with the dolls was trying to make them unique personalities.

Mine's the I Love Fashion Wydowna. They'd put out short runs of some characters and I was in to getting a one of each but not paying after market Comicon prices. What ended it was the change of face molds, I don't care much for the new generic for everyone mold.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'