Go to footer

Cortex Smart Doll

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Cortex Smart Doll

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:01 pm

I keep trying to resist but I know I'm going to end up with a Smart Doll. I'm intrigued at the prospect of building her myself. I've been seeing owner pics all over the internet and I keep thinking, "Hey, you don't do anime style dolls, hey, those are too big," but I can see it coming 100 miles away. I need to start saving up for a kit.
Mary Kathryn
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby oniakki » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:34 pm

I got one of the Final Boss Grade kits.

All in all I was extremely disappointed in how easily she went together given all the warnings and hullabaloo the kits have around them about their difficulty.

An hour and ten minutes later (including watching the 26 minute video on how to assemble the skeleton, so actual assembly of the skeleton took about 44 minutes or so. I'm one of those weirdos that actually 'reads' all the instructions before starting...)

Then about 45 minutes after that.

The outer shell was actually a lot softer feeling then I was expecting from other hard plastic kits I've built.

With her default bust

And the XL bust I printed on my 3d printer from the stl model Danny provided for free download...
oniakki
I snort dolliehs liek candi

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:25 am

Mary Kathryn, have you seen the latest, more human looking sculpts Danny has been posting? :mrgreen:
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Shop update now all the girls have a vinyl and cortex body option. So now to decide who to get. I still have Oceana on my wishlist and was waiting for cortex.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby embyquinn » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Smart Dolls are gorgeous, and I have no problem with them at all. My budget, however, will not allow me to get one.

I had hopes that the Cortex dolls would be much less expensive than the vinyl SMDs, maybe more comparable to an Obitsu/Parabox...but they're still close to 300 bucks and that's just beyond my range.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:23 am

The idea of a skeleton you could build on interests me as a doll maker.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'