Go to footer

Dealing with doll hate [WARNING: Lengthy Rant]

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Re: Dealing with doll hate [WARNING: Lengthy Rant]

Postby K2! » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 pm

You and Cherry can stay with us. We'll provide you with many real best friends.
K2!
Stoopid Noob

Postby embyquinn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:24 pm

I want to thank you all so much for your support. And Karl, your post actually made me tear up. *sniff*

Cherry says that Anna Marie is her new bestie. XD
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:24 pm

I would have been a lot less tolerant, being as it is MY house.

I'd have started rolling my eyes or sniffing disdainfully every time she started on something she loves and spends a lot of time on. Designer shoes, say.

But that's an old cranky and goddamnit-yes-I-AM-entitled! person talking.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby embyquinn » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:56 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:I would have been a lot less tolerant, being as it is MY house.

I'd have started rolling my eyes or sniffing disdainfully every time she started on something she loves and spends a lot of time on. Designer shoes, say.

But that's an old cranky and goddamnit-yes-I-AM-entitled! person talking.

Oh, trust me, I'm no angel. I would love to toss a little quid pro quo at her because there are things she obsesses over (endlessly) that I canNOT stand. But I won't go that route because (a) it would just end up in a pointless screaming match, (b) my Best Beloved hates conflict and (c) I'll be buggered blue if I stoop to her level of asshattery.

And before I forget, RiRi has a message for everybody in the Sanctuary...

"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kirahfaye » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:01 pm

<3
(Because the forum wouldn't let me post the heart face smiley..... :P )
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:55 pm

:hugs to embyquinn-san and Cherry-chan: We love you both here! :D
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Stormlight » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:54 pm

Glad you were able to reach an understanding with your friend. Hopefully she keeps up her end of the deal on the matter.

If it was me, I probably wouldn’t be so tolerant with someone behaving like that in my house. I’d put up with it for awhile but at some point, friend or not, I would probably just be, “my place, my rules. Don’t like it, there’s the door. Don’t let it hit your ass on the way out.” :mrgreen:

Good on you for taking the higher ground! I really hope your patience is rewarded.

I’ve been lucky with my friends. I also tend to natter on about my interests (especially writing and dolls) but they just sort of smile and nod. lol I did manage to convert one to a dolly fan, although she doesn’t have any of her own. She just likes to look at mine.
Stormlight
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby embyquinn » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:59 pm

Thank you, all of you. To be fair, I am not always easiest person to be around. I have been described as everything from a nonstop party to a living sitcom. Neither of those are necessarily complimentary. I'm loud, I'm pushy, I'm opinionated, and I am not one to suffer any real or imagined slights with any dignity or grace. Of course, I have mellowed somewhat with age, and I've learned to try and control myself in most situations, like the one discussed in this thread. Not so terribly long ago I would have let loose on her and we would have had a screaming match that meant we wouldn't speak for a couple of days, nothing would be resolved, and it would just upset the other two people living in the house, especially the one whose feelings matters more to me than even my own.

The point is, I'm not trying to paint her as a complete villain. She has as much a right to her feelings as I do to mine. All I can do is not force her to interact with or even acknowledge Cherry, and maybe that will be enough.

Again, thank you. Love you all.
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Trethowan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Well this hurts my heart. I hope the budding resolution between you two sticks and I hope that you both can grow together peacefully. Sounds like she owes you far more respect. Friends should build up and support one another. We should want the best for those in our lives. I really hope and pray this will continue to resolve peacefully for you so that your home life provides you the rest and peace we all deserve.
Trethowan
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'