Go to footer

When you spoil your dolls...

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

When you spoil your dolls...

Postby DollyKim » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:51 pm

I'll do without or put something for myself off to get something for a doll. Or a fur baby. But not another person.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Re: When you spoil your dolls...

Postby davidd » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:31 am

When I travel, I select and pack appropriate outfits for my Pinky Street girls before I pack anything for myself. The Pinkys have been with me on every out of town (or out of state or out of country) trip for over a decade now.
davidd
the walls have dolliehs

Postby richila » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Richi has a chaise lounge that she sleeps in when we are on the road. She has seasonal sets of clothing and a box of props that accompany us out of town.

Her winter set
ImageNot quite a rainbow by Valerie Kelley, on Flickr
richila
I have no life but dolliehs

Postby kenaiqueen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:00 pm

My personal pecking order: Husband, dog, adult son, dolls, me. And it depends on what adult son 'needs/wants'. I'd never deny him a need if he couldn't get it himself, but his wants are another thing.

We have wildfires all over the state and one fairly close to us. I was trying to figure out which dolls I'd grab first. However, since we don't have very far we could go as there is only one main road in rural Alaska, it might be a moot point.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby embyquinn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:30 pm

Every time I go into a store--particularly a dollar store, a craft store, or WalMart--I look for things for Cherry. I check out the keychains, I peek at the fridge magnets, I check the stationery section for food erasers, I pop by the toys to look for stuff to scale, I check out the marked-down clothing for reusable fabric...

And now that she's got two different "shells", it's TWICE AS BAD.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby maywong » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:34 am

I am always looking for doll stuff when I go out shopping. I rarely buy anything for myself. LOL
maywong
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Iwa_Hoshi » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Well... I still haven't gotten my replacement computer like I should and its been six years and some dolls, props and outfits...
And after getting a replacement body for Megu-Chun. Her old body got taken over by Helen to become a similar size female friend for her to hangout with. My boy dolls tend to suffer from trophy boyfriend syndrome...

And if I pass by shops selling childrens' toys I keep an eye out for stuff the larger dolls can use.
Team of Dolls Bio Team of Dolls on Flickr
Keeping an eye out for props for Dioramas
Iwa_Hoshi
MD - Master of Dollology

Postby Qrinta » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm in the same boat as Iwa Hoshi. I need a new computer but I keep buying new dolls or clothes for my dolls instead. XD I've been resisting buying them new clothes because I want to buy more dolls. >_> But there's so many cute things.
Qrinta's Cantankery

If you like Legend of Korra/Disney and cutesy art in general (like my avi) consider checking out my bestie's Patreon Some content is NSFW.
Qrinta
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Mary Kathryn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:57 am

I would rather buy clothes for the dolls than myself. :lol:
Mary Kathryn

Postby Kattriella » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:11 am

I literally buy my dolls things for their birthdays . . . Not necessarily every year, but several of them have gotten birthday presents. Last year, Shailoh got some stuff for a wizard's lair i still haven't built him, I made Seth a couch, and this year Sybela got new shoes. (Being an Integrity girl with much bigger feet, she can't share with the other girls, so I bought her some Monster High shoes on eBay. They came late, but she was happy to get them, even if one pair didn't end up fitting.) Reini gets something every year because her birthday is on Valentine's day, and how do you not get someone a present when they were born on the most romantic day of the year? If only she didn't have such a thing for ReMent, because that stuff's expensive. Q-Q

And Seth is demanding a full kitchen by next September . . . Knowing my track record, he'll get it by around 2025.
Last edited by Kattriella on Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kattriella

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'