Go to footer

Dollieh Winter and Holiday Goodies?

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

Dollieh Winter and Holiday Goodies?

Postby Kattriella » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Winter is just around the corner, and because I'm a nosey person, I want to see picks of people's winter or holiday goodies for their tiny companions. Whether you made it, bought, or found it, has any body got pics they want to share? Scarves and sweaters, Christmas trees, Hanukah decorations, whatever your dolliehs are enjoying this time of year.

Or, alternatively, if you're in a part od thw world where summer is fast approaching, what are your dolls doing to prepare for the coming warm weather?

I'll try to post some pics of my current projects and fun finds when I get off work tonight.

(And yes, this is most definitely an excuse to see cute pictures of everyone's dolls in their seasonal attire, thank you for asking.)
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Re: Dollieh Winter and Holiday Goodies?

Postby embyquinn » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:04 am

You got it!
Any takers?

Ugly sweater with Christmas cacti, evergreen wig, Santa hat and beaded mistletoe all made by moi.
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:15 am

I love it! I still haven't managex to find the time (or the space) to get a few pictures of my handful of winter and holiday goodies . . . That's what happens when your boss is off for a week and your working hours spontaneously doubled. @-@ At least the paycheck will be good, and now that I've got my Christmas shopping officially out lf the way and everything wrapped, I can focus on finishing my crafting setup and maybe get some pictures done. And get Seth the tree that he keeps asking for made . . .

Cherry is only encouraging Shailoh's constant pestering of me to make him some mistletoe . . . And it is quite constant, believe me.
Kattriella

Postby embyquinn » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:10 am

I wired some old beads I had together to make the mistletoe. Once I did that, I just sort of had to do a cute pic with Riri.

That is one ugly Christmas sweater--it's a cactus with Christmas lights. (Or on fire. It's hard to tell.)
"Dolls love to be played with. They are lonesome if you leave them always in a box. How would you like to be left day after day alone, with no one to love you?"
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:03 pm

Why do our dolls always look cuter in ugly Christmas sweaters than we do? It's not fair.
Kattriella

Postby embyquinn » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:48 pm

Kattriella wrote:Why do our dolls always look cuter in ugly Christmas sweaters than we do? It's not fair.

Because that is their POWAAAAA

Also Cherry has a much more mature Christmas dress this year:

embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Postby Kattriella » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Oh my goodness, she's so pretty! (I absolutely love Cherry, she's always so cute.)

I still haven't managed to get any pictures of my own stuff. Work + reorganizing + illness has made me a bit unwilling to go to the trouble of setting up to take pictures lately . . . It's also killed my drive to see or craft right now, so I'm way behind on projects, too . . .
Kattriella

Postby victoriavictrix » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:38 pm

RiRi is putting the VOOM in VAVAVOOM!
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kattriella » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 pm

victoriavictrix wrote:RiRi is putting the VOOM in VAVAVOOM!

This made me smile after having been sick in bed and unable to move for the better part of the last 24 hours. I needed that much more desperately than I could ever have known.
Kattriella

Postby embyquinn » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:33 am

Okay, so I broke down and made Riri a "traditional" Christmas dress, too. Hey, I found this poinsettia crosstitch-pattern fabric at Wally World, I had to d something with it!

I posted detailed pics in Fashionista Revolution, but I also did a few seasonal collages I'd like to share.

Merry Christmas/Happy Yule/whatever you celebrate, guys!
embyquinn
the walls have dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'