Go to footer

*Japan Suspends All Shipments to the USA*

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

*Japan Suspends All Shipments to the USA*

Postby Kirahfaye » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 am

Posted on the Parabox Facebook page 30 minutes ago:

To Parabox customers in the US,

We were just informed that the EMS service in Japan temporarily suspended shipping to the United States.
That's because so many cancelled frights between Japan and the US, and they are not able to keep up shipping.
SO Parabox is not able to take any orders from the US for a while. We'll keep you updated. Thank you for your understanding.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Re: *Japan Suspends All Shipments to the USA*

Postby DollyKim » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:44 am

I'm going to take this as an omen that the Japanese made thing I just bought from an in stock US seller was the right move. Chances are other companies and countries might do this :/
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Kattriella » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:10 pm

Oh dear . . . Looks like I'll be sticking to US based sellers on eBay for a while . . . My wallet won't be happy about this . . .
Kattriella
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Crap, this changes some of my plans. Oh well...
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby kenaiqueen » Thu May 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Things are changing...I ordered my Smart Doll right from Tokyo and she was sent out earlier this week. She's already in my nearest big city. I think it depends on what is shipping and how they are shipping it. Mine is coming DHL.
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Kirahfaye » Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 pm

That's because Danny is using a different shipping service (forgot which one) that isn't affected by the postal shut down.
Dollieh Nirvana
Kirahfaye
BD - Bachelors in Dollology

Postby SetsunaKou » Wed May 27, 2020 1:23 pm

Yeah, Japan Postal Service is still shut down. :( (Three of my packages were at the airports back in March and JapanPost took them off the planes and sent them back to the sellers! ACK!)

In Japan only DHL or FedEx International are shipping out of country. Almost all the shops are switching to those 2 options.

I just tried to buy an Elsa Japanese plushie on eBay from Japan and the seller cancelled my order and refunded saying they can't ship to USA yet. But that they'd hold the item for me and when they can ship again, they'll relist her for me to buy again.

So.....I just hope my three packages that were 'returned to sender' are being held for me. Two of the 3 sellers said they'll keep the returned packages in their warehouses until the Postal Service reopens in Japan but....wow!

I ordered all three in early February! 0_o
SetsunaKou
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby DollyKim » Thu May 28, 2020 5:23 am

And here I was joking I could get things from Amazon Japan faster than massive blocks long Amazon just down the street that I frequently drive past but have to wait a month for a mass produced thing to be sent across the country.

I ordered a 24 pencil set from a US seller thinking they were in stock. By the time it was done I ended up with a 36 set for my patience.

At least things work smoothly enough when our post office gets it. And they can find our wonky street where it like hopscotches between one street name or another if it's city or county. GPS has our house in an intersection 3 blocks away.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tasuke » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:58 am

i've a couple fully-paid Pre-Orders from AmiAmi, looks like i won't be seeing them for a while... :cry:
Tasuke
the walls have dolliehs

Postby ugg333 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:42 pm

I just received a package from amazon Japan, it came by DHL and then USPS, took two weeks. Mostly because USPS sent it on a trip around the country. But it came!
I was really surprised they let me order a 22 cm Obitsu body. Before, I could not order anything that is not a book.
ugg333
i see dead dolliehs

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'