Go to footer

They're NOT creepy!

General discussions about dolls, new releases, doll reviews...you know, stuff that doesn't really fit in all the other categories but is strictly about dolls.

Forum rules
    Opinions expressed within posts are those of the posting person alone and not that of the forum or the forum management. Forum management is not responsible for things people say...though we'll kick your butt if you don't play nice.

They're NOT creepy!

Postby Jobee » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:05 pm

So I'm in a Discord group for a videogame I play. One day, off topic, some guy posts a pic of his Lego model cars. I think to myself, "Another toy collector! Cool" and post a pic of two of my dolls to share. Then, the Lego guy starts carrying on about how creepy dolls are and how he can't stand them! I'm thinking "Jesus Christ, that's rude, Mr. Lego Car man....." And it was Mika and Spooka! They don't even have removable eyes! What could possibly be creepy about them? Seriously, where do these people get to thinking that my hobby is any less deserving of respect than theirs?
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Re: They're NOT creepy!

Postby Tam I am » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Been there. Had a girl join a thread I'm in on an avatar forum, and I'd been talking about dolls. She started being really rude, saying that yeah, they're creepy, and that she never thought she'd be talking about dolls at HER age.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby kenaiqueen » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:08 pm

My son always tells me my dolls are creepy. I tell him that I don't criticize his hobbies, but he should notice that my doll collection takes up way less room in the driveway than his 3 Audis! :D
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.
kenaiqueen
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby victoriavictrix » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:29 pm

Jobee wrote:So I'm in a Discord group for a videogame I play. One day, off topic, some guy posts a pic of his Lego model cars. I think to myself, "Another toy collector! Cool" and post a pic of two of my dolls to share. Then, the Lego guy starts carrying on about how creepy dolls are and how he can't stand them! I'm thinking "Jesus Christ, that's rude, Mr. Lego Car man....." And it was Mika and Spooka! They don't even have removable eyes! What could possibly be creepy about them? Seriously, where do these people get to thinking that my hobby is any less deserving of respect than theirs?

Block and mute him.
All you damn kids get offa my lawn!
victoriavictrix
Iz dolliehs Here

Postby Jobee » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 am

victoriavictrix wrote:Block and mute him.

I might, but it wasn't a doll or toy Discord, it was a video game Discord that I might not bother staying in anyway. But one rude little man-child is not gonna ruin my life.
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Postby DollyKim » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:24 pm

His personal manhood must be impossibly tiny then. Not like my anatomically correct 1/6 scale body wants to compare sizes or anything.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Carrillo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:57 am

I always find the “they’re creepy/scary” thing a bit funny anyway. My bro did that and I just told him they’re toys. You’re a grown man and you’re scared of a toy. :?
I have 20+ BJDs... I was only gonna get one...
Carrillo
i see dead dolliehs

Postby DollyKim » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:09 am

Took a moment to find this. He takes creepy as a compliment.
DollyKim
Dr. Dollittle

Postby Tam I am » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:42 pm

And then there are all those guys who holler that dolls are creepy, but they're busy fighting over the best costumes for their MMO character. Which is a doll.
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham. :D

I tried linking one of my adopted click pets here, but the board wouldn't let me. :/
Tam I am
Dolliehs Consume My Brains

Postby Jobee » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:42 am

Tam I am wrote:And then there are all those guys who holler that dolls are creepy, but they're busy fighting over the best costumes for their MMO character. Which is a doll.
Exactly!
Jobee
GIVE ME DOLLIEHS

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Dollieh Talkin'